XC40 Inscription Pro T3 Ordered

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Naybag

Post by Naybag »

Hi everyone, just ordered an XC40 for myself and the wife. We've had a recent addition to the family (little boy) so I thought it would be a good idea to get rid of the small hatchback and surround them in 1500KG's of high tech Swedish safety.

Didn't go for all the bells and whistles mind as the price was getting a bit too high.

I've order an Inscription Pro T3 Auto:
Black Stone
360 Camera
Intellisafe Pack

This is only the second time ordering a new car and I left a deposit on the 25th May at a dealership in Lincoln UK. The salesman I was dealing with said I could expect delivery in July and said typically its about 6 - 8 weeks.

As of yet though I haven't had a confirmed delivery date and I keep getting told by the dealership that Volvo hasn't confirmed a date yet and will get back to me when they do.

Is this normal for a manufacturer to leave it this late to confirm an actual delivery date or should I expect delivery to be later than July and salesperson is trying to make best of a poor situation?

I've been following the forums for a few weeks now and see people have waited much longer than the 6-8 weeks I was quoted.
| XC40 Inscription Pro T3 Geartronic | Black Stone | 360 Degree Camera | Intellisafe Pack |

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Welcome.

Going for an Inscription Pro you've certainly gone for quite a few bells and whistles though!

Recent postings would suggest that deliveries are now much quicker than they used to be and I was pleasantly surprised to find mine was 8 weeks from 7 May until 2 July which included a few extra days for changing the colour.

I had an email from the dealer at the end of last week to say the car had been built and was awaiting shipping so should be on track.

I had an invoice very soon after paying the deposit which stated the estimated delivery date to the dealers so you should have definitely had one by now.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Naybag

Post by Naybag »

Hi Chris, that's good news then. With a bit of luck the build is on track and by your delivery I could expect end of July or early August.

The only receipt I had from the dealer was for the deposit and I haven't had any other documentation. I spoke with them again today and they've assured me everything is on track and they've been on Volvo's case trying to get a date out of them. They advise me it may be pushed back a week due to a recent delay in the system but advised July could still be possible.

What got me worried slightly is I would email the dealership asking questions so I could get the estimated delivery day in writing but every time I do I just receive a phone call with verbal confirmation.

I'm probably being both inpatient and overly anxious in receiving the car.
| XC40 Inscription Pro T3 Geartronic | Black Stone | 360 Degree Camera | Intellisafe Pack |
yalocatos

Post by yalocatos »

Hi, ordered my T3 geartronic R design with surround camera 7 Intellisafe pack way back in March. Delivery quoted was early July. Got phone call to say it was going to be a week early and I pick it up Thursday 27th June. Dealer did say they are at present quoting delivery late Oct early Nov.
Hope yours is early but sure it will be worth the wait.
Would have loved the Inscription but just getting a bit expensive for me.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Naybag

That's poor. What I said was slightly incorrect as I paid the deposit when I received a copy of the vehicle order form which as well as giving an estimated delivery, listed all the figures for purchase and the full specification of the car. I was asked to check that everything was correct, which it was, and then paid the deposit.

I find it strange that the dealer has not followed a similar process with you before the car was ordered as they and you would want to be sure that the order is correct.

I've read on other forums of cars being delivered to the dealers and missing extras etc. because the dealer has cocked up the order. Also, and some manufacturers like Skoda (I currently have a Yeti) are notorious for vague and misleading brochures and for changing specifications leading to purchasers not getting what they thought they were going to get. So I was pleased to get a detailed specification for the standard car and the extras I wanted without having to ask for it. Volvo also seem to be very clear on what the specifications are for the different trim levels etc. which made it relatively easy for me to decide on what I wanted.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Naybag

Post by Naybag »

yalocatos wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:29 pm Quote
I hope I don't have to wait that long! I didn't think there was such a large different between the R-DESIGN and Inscription models in price. I managed to get the Inscription Pro for a little over £300 more than the other. It came with a bunch of standard features I wanted which would have cost more than £300 to achieve on the R-DESIGN so it was a no brainer for me.
Naybag

Post by Naybag »

ChrisLF wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:17 am Naybag

That's poor. What I said was slightly incorrect as I paid the deposit when I received a copy of the vehicle order form which as well as giving an estimated delivery, listed all the figures for purchase and the full specification of the car. I was asked to check that everything was correct, which it was, and then paid the deposit.
I thought it was a bit strange too. I did process a quote through Carwow with all the specs I wanted before going to the dealer but when I went to visit them in person I did change a few things and never received a full spec list for me to check over. I guess they assumed I already knew what I was getting due to receiving a quote through Carwow which does list all the equipment.

I think I'll just have to call and speak to the branch manager there in an attempt to get the full spec emailed over to me so I have something in writing.

Nathan
yalocatos

Post by yalocatos »

Hi. When I was ordering was looking at the Momenten and found adding extras to that it was cheaper to go for the R design and have the extras included. in hind sight, should have done as you did and looked a little further. The Inscription looks good value. He Ho, thats life. A lesson learnt for next time.
yalocatos

Post by yalocatos »

Did like you when ordering, used Carwow. My final order to the dealer was completely different but did receive a completed order form when I paid the £500 deposit listing all the specification. Just hope its all there when i collect it on Thursday.
Salesman did initially quote around 4 to 6 weeks delivery but soon confirmed it would be longer, around 3 months and gave a delivery date at that time. Worked out its actually arrived 1 week early than the date quoted.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I used Carwow as well with pretty much my final spec to get accurate quotes. But the dealer should still provide a copy of the order as good business practice, it's in the interests of both parties and can't understand the dealer not providing it.