New owner from Norwich

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Gooday everyone. I have been browsing this forum as a guest for quite some time as I researched my next car.
It has been a very useful exercise and I have paid a deposit on a 68 plate XC40 T3 Momentum pro.
Thanks to this forum I knew what to look out for on the test drive which went very well. I pick the car up on Wednesday 12th June.
Very excited to get to grips with all the gadgets and to start driving the car. I hope to play a full part in the forum as I did in the VX Astra forums.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.

Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Welcome - I like you already.

Firstly, you're from my birthplace; secondly, you've chosen by far the best colour............without the lines being spoiled by the black roof...........ducks & runs for cover 😂😂🤣
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Deleted User 1945

Post by Deleted User 1945 »

Congratulations nice car, if you haven’t already you can download the Volvo on call app and the Volvo manual from the apps store it has some useful set up videos to watch so you’ll be more familiar when you pick up the car :-)
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Welcome from another local owner...A Holden car?
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Blastpipe wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:38 am Welcome from another local owner...A Holden car?
Indeed Holden Volvo . Only ever had Ford or Vauxhall before in 30 years of motoring so a bit of a change.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Deleted User 1984

Post by Deleted User 1984 »

As I preordered XC40 T3 Momentum with Automatic gearbox and still time to receive, I really wonder your experience for test drive with T3 engine. What do you think about it (acceleration, vibration etc) ? Any comment is welcome.
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

hakanoz2000 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:42 pm As I preordered XC40 T3 Momentum with Automatic gearbox and still time to receive, I really wonder your experience for test drive with T3 engine. What do you think about it (acceleration, vibration etc) ? Any comment is welcome.
I was well aware of the vibration issues some members on here experienced so I was looking out for it. Pleased to say there were none what so ever and I did manage to sneak up to 86mph. Quiet at that speed as well. Acceleration was smooth and it felt very quick. Plenty of overtaking power. Clutch felt nicely weighted but I did struggle to find fifth gear on occasion. All in all I was very happy with the experience. I am told it's an ex management car so I hope any problems have been ironed out by now. Can't wait to get it.
Deleted User 1984

Post by Deleted User 1984 »

Skyrimmer wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:15 pm
hakanoz2000 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:42 pm As I preordered XC40 T3 Momentum with Automatic gearbox and still time to receive, I really wonder your experience for test drive with T3 engine. What do you think about it (acceleration, vibration etc) ? Any comment is welcome.
I was well aware of the vibration issues some members on here experienced so I was looking out for it. Pleased to say there were none what so ever and I did manage to sneak up to 86mph. Quiet at that speed as well. Acceleration was smooth and it felt very quick. Plenty of overtaking power. Clutch felt nicely weighted but I did struggle to find fifth gear on occasion. All in all I was very happy with the experience. I am told it's an ex management car so I hope any problems have been ironed out by now. Can't wait to get it.
Thanks for taking time to clean up my concerns. I now feel far better :) .
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Skyrimmer wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:49 am
Blastpipe wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:38 am Welcome from another local owner...A Holden car?
Indeed Holden Volvo . Only ever had Ford or Vauxhall before in 30 years of motoring so a bit of a change.
This is my first volvo too...after years of Land Rovers,Nissans and Rovers/MGs before that.

Liking it so far..but I have to be careful how I sit in the seat to avoid backache..but that's my funny back not the car.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Rigel

Post by Rigel »

Just getting used to my XC40 Inscription Pro T3 Manual. Changing from a D5 engine with an auto box was no big deal. I do make an occasional shambles when changing down, but that is driver error. I am vey comfortable with the T3 engine. smooth comfortable drive with all the poke I need.