Hello from Edinburgh, Scotland

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
neilgall

Post by neilgall »

I'm not really a car guy. I've shunned gadgets and add-ons and driven the cheapest I could get my hands on for years. Can't say I've regretted that at all, but there comes a stage in life when you want (and can afford) some luxury. My oldest son will be driving soon and we don't need three cars so the idea was to get rid of the Fiat 500 and downsize the aging Vauxhall Antara to something that could handle both medium length family trips and my wife driving to work daily. After looking at a few smaller cars (the DS Automobiles DS3 Crossback was very nice with lovely design quirks and actually pretty good to drive) we watched a few online reviews and found ourselves at the local Volvo dealer for a look round... and left with a car ordered! Maybe not quite our plan but smaller cars were, well, too small.

A factory build was going to be a November delivery but there was one in stock very close to the spec we wanted: R-Design, T4 automatic 4WD, thunder grey with black roof, winter pack and Intellisafe Surround pack. Volvo offered a pretty good deal on it and delivery should be pretty quick, in the next few days. Can't wait!

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Good choice and great that you are getting one so quickly. Bit surprised that the factory order was estimated as November. We ordered a few weeks ago and delivery is stated to be the first week in July for a T4 FWD R-Design.

Reading the posts on delivery it seems to be a lot quicker now that it used to be which is good news for me.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Deleted User 1945

Post by Deleted User 1945 »

Congratulations!

My order was originally expected in October when ordered a few weeks ago the dealer managed to get that changed to early July. I think it is trim/engine specific.