Best Wishes from Izmir-Turkey

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 1984

Post by Deleted User 1984 »

So happy for finding such a forum whose only concern is Volvo XC40 :D .

I just preordered XC40 T3 Automatic Gearbox with intellisafe pro, panoramic sunroof, rear camera, front parking sensors, Apple CarPlay and some more add-ons.

The only think I should reconsider is color : While placing order, I choose Thunder Gray believing it's one click darker than Osmium Gary however it looks like light blue so I may change it as Glacier Silver Metallic.

Anyway, expecting delivery in last week of June -hopefully- and looking forward to touch on Engine Start Button 8-) .

And... Always expect your comments and suggestions...

Deleted User 1984

A very small update : Color change for Glacier Silver Metallic is approved by dealer.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Welcome & enjoy your new car.

Haven't see a Glacier Silver one yet but (in my biased opinion) the Bright Silver on mine (with plain roof) really suits the car.

I also love it in white, so Glacier Silver should look the business.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Bob

Post by Bob »

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you enjoy you XC40 when it arrives.

I love how international this group is. I was in the Merchant Navy between 1974 and 1986, sailing on BP oil tankers all over the World, and I keep seeing people joining the forum from places I visited back then, which brings back great memories. Izmir was one such place, we discharged a cargo of oil at a storage facility just outside Izmir, unfortunately I got stuck on the ship, having to fix a broken Radar system, but my wife got to go ashore, all on her own, to visit the city, and had a great time exploring!
I only got as far as walking to a small village just outside the facility, but I do remember the Guard on the facility gate giving me the strongest tea I've ever had, I'm sure it had been stewing for hours!
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Deleted User 1984

Bob wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:55 pm Welcome to the forum, and I hope you enjoy you XC40 when it arrives.

I love how international this group is. I was in the Merchant Navy between 1974 and 1986, sailing on BP oil tankers all over the World, and I keep seeing people joining the forum from places I visited back then, which brings back great memories. Izmir was one such place, we discharged a cargo of oil at a storage facility just outside Izmir, unfortunately I got stuck on the ship, having to fix a broken Radar system, but my wife got to go ashore, all on her own, to visit the city, and had a great time exploring!
I only got as far as walking to a small village just outside the facility, but I do remember the Guard on the facility gate giving me the strongest tea I've ever had, I'm sure it had been stewing for hours!
As being a retired Navy NCO, I definitely understand how you feel when going back to memories for any reason throughout the World. You, most likely, talk about Aliaga Oil Refinery where just 30 minutes drive from Izmir center. Once upon a time, it was a village but now larger than many of the cities. Coming to tea issue, it's too strong even for me so I politely reject when I am offered, instead I pick coffee. Oh, no, that's another something strong if you ask in Turkish way, which makes my heart pumping at 165 bpm.
Bob

Post by Bob »

hakanoz2000 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:45 pm
As being a retired Navy NCO, I definitely understand how you feel when going back to memories for any reason throughout the World. You, most likely, talk about Aliaga Oil Refinery where just 30 minutes drive from Izmir center. Once upon a time, it was a village but now larger than many of the cities. Coming to tea issue, it's too strong even for me so I politely reject when I am offered, instead I pick coffee. Oh, no, that's another something strong if you ask in Turkish way, which makes my heart pumping at 165 bpm.
:lol:
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)