Greetings from South East London

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
pkirkup

Post by pkirkup »

Hi all, we ordered our new XC40 a couple of weeks ago (from a dealer outside of London). Went for a Thunder Grey T3 Manual, Momentum, with Xenium Pack, Intellisafe Surround, Convenience Pack, Android & Apple CarPlay, plus the spare wheel. My first factory order car, and we have an estimated delivery of early July. Quite excited now!

Does anyone know if there’s an upgrade path from Intellisafe Surround to Intellisafe Pro? It seems like this might just be a software upgrade?

Been reading around the forum and very much looking forward to getting behind the wheel!

Deleted User 1894

Post by Deleted User 1894 »

Intellisafe Pro includes Intellisafe Assist, which requires a hydraulic unit:

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-gb ... 15877/2020

So it won't just be a software update.
pkirkup

Post by pkirkup »

Interesting - that link implies it’s only for an automatic gear box. What do people think of the Intellisafe Pro with manual gearboxes? I guess it’s not so useful in stop / start traffic?
Rigel

Post by Rigel »

I picked up my Inscription Pro T3 a month ago . Being used to Adaptive CC on my S80 I added Intellisafe Pro to my new spec. Works well with a manual box. Disengages when you brake so no difference in stop start auto / man. Just re engage . Steering assist ok , but it is just that, not an alternative to steering. Adaptive CC would be high up on my list , but it depends on your needs, for me good to have it
pkirkup

Post by pkirkup »

Just had the call that our car is in the country, should be at the dealer in 72 hours. Now to try and sell on our old car!! We weren't expecting it until the start of July.
Deleted User 1945

Post by Deleted User 1945 »

Hi - there is some discussion on this on the Volvo owners forum for the 2015 XC90 - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthre ... fe+upgrade looks like it was £1600 for the upgrade back in 2017.