Hi, ordered my first Volvo today

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
D4RDesign

Post by D4RDesign »

After a being a long term VAG owner I've ordered an XC40 RDesign D4 today, the slot might be July but I'll wait and see.

Does anyone know when the MY year changes over? I've read that Android auto my be standard from MY 2020 and I've added it as an option.

Thanks!
D4 AWD RDesign, Android, Winter, Front Sensors

Deleted User 1894

Post by Deleted User 1894 »

The model year change has already happened - not sure exactly when, but it was in the last month or so. I ordered my car at the start of April and that was using the MY2020 price list, so you'll definitely get a '20 car with a July build slot.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

I think there was talk with of the OS for the display moving over to an Android platform but don’t think Android Auto will be standard, be happy if it is though as we’ve ordered ours without Android Auto / Apple Play.
aj05

Post by aj05 »

Its supposed to be standard on the Polestar 2 model, it was tested on a xc40 so maybe another Polestar upgrade will become available
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

New orders (not pre-booked slots) switched over sometime during December to MY20, with MY20 production starting sometime in April. There may well be a 20.5 sometime in the autumn.

Please note, there is a huge difference between Android Auto & Android Automotive.

Going back a couple of years, there was a suggestion that the XC40 would get Android Automotive by MY20 but, I think a couple of things have gotten in the way:

1. Google are taking longer than expected because they want it to be right.
2. Internal politics dictate that Polestar gets first dibs. The Polestar should have been in production by now but the can keeps getting kicked down the road.

In the meantime, Android Auto / Apple Car Play is a good option as the Sensus navigation, despite having many good points, has more holes than a fine sieve.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
D4RDesign

Post by D4RDesign »

Thanks for your help. I'm currently trying to decide to add just a rear camera or go 360. It's getting close to 40k RRP with that.

I've just ready though that dealers can add ACC if you have intellisafe surround pack https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-md ... 15877/2018 which should allow me to add that later.
D4 AWD RDesign, Android, Winter, Front Sensors
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Would have liked the 360 camera but having to add one of the Inteli packs as well it starts to get expensive. I would have been in the same ballpark as you.

If I hadn't specced a tow bar then I would have probably gone for it. A rear camera is a first for me anyway.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

The tow bar can be added later as it is a dealer fit.

360 cameras are well worth it!
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

That's good unlike a lot of other manufacturers and dealers where you have to go to an aftermarket fitter. Did that with my existing car and you could see the odd mark where they removed the panels to get the wiring through to the front of the car. Vowed that my next one would be factory fit.

Already changed the colour so not changing anything else on the order!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
drjamesr

Post by drjamesr »

Thanks for your help. I'm currently trying to decide to add just a rear camera or go 360. It's getting close to 40k RRP with that.
Without a shadow of a doubt the 360 camera is the one to choose. A real breakthrough aid that most of the time let’s you see exactly how far you are from obstacles and how accurate your parking in bays is.
XC40 Inscription, D4 AWD, Pine Grey, black leather faced, 19” double spoke #924, Xenium, Intellisense surround, Winter/Htd wheel, Spare wheel