Hi from Warwick

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bob

Post by Bob »

ChrisLF wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:59 am I take it you have an interest in motorbikes? Same here, I have a few Triumphs.

Chris
Oh yes, I've had BMW GSes for a few years now, currently have a R1200GSA Rallye. I do more miles on the bike than in the car. 8-)
Just got back from a long weekend in the Borders with a few mates, luckily we managed to dodge most of the rain!

Bob
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Thanks for the replies, that's good to know.

Will definitely add it now.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

ChrisLF wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:46 am
Blastpipe wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:44 am I've got the T4 R design. I added similar extras to you...but did go for the 360 cameras...they are great

Although there might be a wait, waits don't seem as bad as they were, and it is worth the wait.
Would like the 360 camera but you have to have one of the Intellisafe Packs as well - it's too easy to get carried away with extras! Thinking about the powered tail gate though. If you're in an area with restricted height e.g. multistorey car park, can you limit the height it opens?
The intellisafe surround is good though..had it beep at me when reversing out of a drive and picked up something i'd not seen.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Bob wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:29 pm
ChrisLF wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:59 am I take it you have an interest in motorbikes? Same here, I have a few Triumphs.

Chris
Oh yes, I've had BMW GSes for a few years now, currently have a R1200GSA Rallye. I do more miles on the bike than in the car. 8-)
Just got back from a long weekend in the Borders with a few mates, luckily we managed to dodge most of the rain!

Bob
I had one of those years last year, despite the weather, where I hardly used the bikes. Did do a trip to Spain at the end of the year though, with friends, and took my 1973 Tiger 750. Retired though now so going to make up for it this year! My most modern bike is a Triumph Tiger 1050.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Blastpipe wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:52 pm
ChrisLF wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:46 am
Blastpipe wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:44 am I've got the T4 R design. I added similar extras to you...but did go for the 360 cameras...they are great

Although there might be a wait, waits don't seem as bad as they were, and it is worth the wait.
Would like the 360 camera but you have to have one of the Intellisafe Packs as well - it's too easy to get carried away with extras! Thinking about the powered tail gate though. If you're in an area with restricted height e.g. multistorey car park, can you limit the height it opens?
The intellisafe surround is good though..had it beep at me when reversing out of a drive and picked up something i'd not seen.
Yeah, but I've got to draw the line somewhere!

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Peter G wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:22 pm
Thanks for posting that Peter. Really useful. Good that you can control/open the door manually as well.

Chris

Bob

Post by Bob »

ChrisLF wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:42 pm
I had one of those years last year, despite the weather, where I hardly used the bikes. Did do a trip to Spain at the end of the year though, with friends, and took my 1973 Tiger 750. Retired though now so going to make up for it this year! My most modern bike is a Triumph Tiger 1050.

Chris
Sounds like a plan, retirement does give more time to get out on two wheels, well it did for me anyway ;)
Happy biking! :D

Bob
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Had a test drive earlier in the week, in an Inscription though as they didn't have a T4 R-Design. Read somewhere that the autos were a bit slow to get away so wanted to check that out. Also someone said room in the front was a bit tight and being 6' 1" that definitely needing checking.

Glad to find that it pulled away in a spritely manner and acceleration was good, as it should be with the T4. Auto, being a torque convecter was lovely and smooth. Bags of room in the front and I quickly found an ideal driving position. I did find the steering a little dead though, compared with the Yeti, which is nicely weighted and responsive - it's better than my TT! Adjusting it via the menu only made it too heavy. I'll get used to it though.

Since then have placed an order, having added the Convenience Pack to get the powered tail gate, and just waiting for the paperwork.

Chris

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Having seen Stevie01's post we have changed our colour choice to Bursting Blue. I've wanted a metallic red car for some time and having seen a Fusion Red R-Design the choice was made.

But as I've got a metallic orange Audi TT I've had this nagging doubt about them clashing when parked next to each other on the drive!

As the blue looks great as well the decision has been made to change.

Chris

Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

ChrisLF wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:51 pm Read somewhere that the autos were a bit slow to get away so wanted to check that out
Anything but, as you've now found out.

It gets better though, as you spend time with the car. I've never had a car give me such confidence for quickly pulling out of junctions in the wet. The auto gearbox/auto hold/AWD work so so well together.

My last car (also a Yeti) was FWD + DSG and, once you got the traction control fighting with the DSG, getaways were, erm, unpredictable.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera