Hi from Warwick

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Having made a couple of posts I'd better introduce myself.

Currently have a Skoda Yeti as the practical car, which is a great car, but having retired recently and hence no longer commuting, have decided to change to petrol and have found that the XC40 provides what we are looking for.

Having a test drive this week, after which (I'm sure it will be fine given the reviews) we shall probably be placing an order for a T4 FWD R-Design in Fusion Red with Winter Pack, front sensors, rear camera, electric drivers seat and tow bar. Might add the powered tail gate as well.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.

Peter G

Post by Peter G »

Hi
Just a thought. After reading topics about people missing basic things not mentioned when ordering options. Some are quite expensive to retrofit. Exampe. Rear inner reading lights for passengers,lighted sunvisor mirror for passenger. Apple car play and so on......
2018 XC40 D4 AWD AUT Black Onyx Momentum First Mover
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Thanks Peter. I'll have another read through the options before finalising the order. The lighted sunvisor mirror has been standard on my previous VWs and Audis so I wouldn't have thought to check.
Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

I've got the T4 R design. I added similar extras to you...but did go for the 360 cameras...they are great

Although there might be a wait, waits don't seem as bad as they were, and it is worth the wait.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Bob

Post by Bob »

ChrisLF wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:02 pm The lighted sunvisor mirror has been standard on my previous VWs and Audis so I wouldn't have thought to check.
Chris
Between 2004 and 2018 I owned 4 new Audis (3 A3s and 1 Q3) from what i remember the illuminated sun visor mirror was never standard, it was always included in one of the 'Packs' that I added.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Blastpipe wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:44 am I've got the T4 R design. I added similar extras to you...but did go for the 360 cameras...they are great

Although there might be a wait, waits don't seem as bad as they were, and it is worth the wait.
Would like the 360 camera but you have to have one of the Intellisafe Packs as well - it's too easy to get carried away with extras! Thinking about the powered tail gate though. If you're in an area with restricted height e.g. multistorey car park, can you limit the height it opens?

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Bob wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:15 am
ChrisLF wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:02 pm The lighted sunvisor mirror has been standard on my previous VWs and Audis so I wouldn't have thought to check.
Chris
Between 2004 and 2018 I owned 4 new Audis (3 A3s and 1 Q3) from what i remember the illuminated sun visor mirror was never standard, it was always included in one of the 'Packs' that I added.
Was in my Passat estates and my A6 Avant Black Edition - not that I ever used them!

Important thing is that it is standard in the XC40.

I take it you have an interest in motorbikes? Same here, I have a few Triumphs.

Chris

Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

ChrisLF wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:46 am If you're in an area with restricted height e.g. multistorey car park, can you limit the height it opens?
Hi Chris

Yes, you can
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Silver Moose wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:19 pm
ChrisLF wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:46 am If you're in an area with restricted height e.g. multistorey car park, can you limit the height it opens?
Hi Chris

Yes, you can
I know that you can stop it from going up too far by pressing the button whilst it is opening, but you also set a limit which it will always open to? If so how?
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
Peter G

Post by Peter G »

2018 XC40 D4 AWD AUT Black Onyx Momentum First Mover