Hi from Warwick

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

After about 3 months and 2k. miles this car has exceeded my expectations, well apart from the mood lighting!

It is very quiet and the ride on 19" wheels is just right for me with the R-Design suspension, firm but deals with our poor roads pretty well.

The fuel consumption is better than expected with it regularly doing 40mpg on mixed runs including motorways. The total average is just over 35mpg and increasing.

It's so nice again to just put the rear seats down and get a flat load area like previous estates but not my last SUV.

Love the design, the colour and the tech. Great car which I'm so glad we chose.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.

kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

I still love mine and I'm 18 months in and more than 20,000 miles. Although, I might swap it soon as we've just bought a van. Don't also need such a big daily driver, and I can have a bit more fun on country roads if I get something a little more nimble. I do sometimes surprise myself and other drivers by properly chucking the XC around on country lanes though :)
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

You will miss the XC!

I'm surprised how quickly I'm bowling along minor roads sometimes, it's so effortless and capable if not pushed too hard. The TT rides quite harshly and is quite noisy, neither of which was that noticeable after driving the Yeti and that was a nice car to drive. TT's not going anywhere though!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

ChrisLF wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:39 pm You will miss the XC!

I'm surprised how quickly I'm bowling along minor roads sometimes, it's so effortless and capable if not pushed too hard. The TT rides quite harshly and is quite noisy, neither of which was that noticeable after driving the Yeti and that was a nice car to drive. TT's not going anywhere though!
The XC is lovely, but I'm thinking of the Merc A35... it would be in a different league. I have a honda S2000 too, but it's not a daily drive - missing too many of the modern comforts. I need to have a good look at finance implication, but hoping it's doable.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Nice choice, looks like fun. Hope it works out.