New car ordered

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 1894

Post by Deleted User 1894 »

Hello all

Earlier today I placed an order for an XC40 (MY2020) from my local dealer. The specification is as follows:

* XC40 R-Design Pro D4
* Bursting Blue metallic paint
* Convenience pack.
* Intellisafe Pro pack
* Winter Plus pack
* Xenium pack
* Active four-C chassis
* Power passenger seat
* Power rear door locks
* Sensus connect audio

The only thing I would have liked to have chosen that I couldn't is a head-up display, which I have on my current car. Alas, Volvo don't offer it on the XC40. I also test drove an XC60 which was lovely, but due to size and expense, I opted for the smaller car.

I was originally planning on choosing the new "Thunder grey" paint, but it looks quite flat/dull on the configurator, so I didn't want to risk having a colour I might not like. The dealer had an R-Design Pro in the same colour in the showroom, which helped make my decision for me.

I decided to go for September delivery so I can get a new "69" plate, so I'll have a bit of a wait in front of me. Ho hum!

kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

The BB is a lovely colour - it wasn't my first choice but I've been very happy with it. Mine feels like it's getting old on an 18 plate now . . first time I've ever had a new car. She's still looking good though :)
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
K1t

Post by K1t »

You could always go down the 'personal-plate' route? Some cracking good ones out there and surprisingly, relatively cheap at £275.00 inc. ALL fees!
Paid for mine yesterday and had it put on 'retention' by the dealer (very straightforward) until my XC40 comes, now at the end of June-early July (just been put back 2 weeks :roll: ) Got the new reg. and to me, it looks cool 8-) but not to sure if its the done thing, to post it on here, or not?
XC40 T3 R-Design (as it comes, no frills) FWD, Manual, my2020, 163bhp, Crystal White, Tempa Spare Wheel Kit, Folding boot floor, Sunglasses Holder. Paintwork/Trim sealed with Zirconite Quartz Nano Coating, Park assist camera kit (self fit)
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

K1t wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:28 pm You could always go down the 'personal-plate' route? Some cracking good ones out there and surprisingly, relatively cheap at £275.00 inc. ALL fees!
Paid for mine yesterday and had it put on 'retention' by the dealer (very straightforward) until my XC40 comes, now at the end of June-early July (just been put back 2 weeks :roll: ) Got the new reg. and to me, it looks cool 8-) but not to sure if its the done thing, to post it on here, or not?
My plan as well 😁
Delivery also end of June
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

K1t wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:28 pm You could always go down the 'personal-plate' route? Some cracking good ones out there and surprisingly, relatively cheap at £275.00 inc. ALL fees!
I have started thinking about it - they'd never really made sense to me until now.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
Deleted User 1894

I had an unexpected surprise in my inbox today, namely an email from my salesperson telling me that the car is due next Monday and asking whether I still wanted to wait. I'm probably going to abandon my "wait until September" strategy, though I'll need a couple of weeks as I've kerbed two wheels on my current car so I want to get them sorted (as no doubt the trade-in price will be affected).
DmoXC40

Post by DmoXC40 »

How long were you expected to wait when you ordered your car?
XC40 T4 R-Design Auto FWD (MY20) - Glacier Silver / Convenience Pack / Sunroof / Rear Camera
Ordered - 4 May / Expected Delivery - 4 July / Picked up 27 July
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

DmoXC40 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:44 am How long were you expected to wait when you ordered your car?
I ordered in February and the ETA is only a week before yours. Very similar spec vs yours Rd-pro T4 FWD glacier silver + 3 packs.
Deleted User 1894

DmoXC40 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:44 am How long were you expected to wait when you ordered your car?
I think the dealer originally said July, but I decided I didn't want it until September so I could get the 69 plate. Evidently they placed the order fairly soon after I visited! I don't really want it to be sitting around at the dealer getting dusty, rained on and used for target practice (by birds) for three months; I'm also a bit fed up with my current car.
Deleted User 1894

Collection is now scheduled for 21st June.

I've asked for the Polestar upgrade to be applied, as well as a few odds from the accessories catalogue (a set of mats for the winter, plus the boot liner). And then there's the service plan as well.

I've also made sure to ask for European number plates, no dealer stickers and no valeting of the car.