New car ordered

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Septercius wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:11 pm

From reading on here, Volvo dealers do seem unusually poor. Great products, awful service. Going above and beyond is out of the question.
Nope! My dealer (Paul Rigby) were exceptional.

People post when they have a crap experience & everybody piles in. I came to Volvo following a poor experience with VW (or V.A.G. dealer's in general).

There are good dealers and 5h1t dealers - the marque is generally not the common denominator.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera

aj05

Post by aj05 »

I agree with Carl my supplying dealer also Paul Rigby they were excellent, car was ordered over phone/internet and when I collected it showroom staff were brilliant. I even received a call on Monday to check that the drive home was ok and the car behaved as expected
Just hope I can find a local dealer of the same standard as I dont want to drive 130 miles to Birmingham for service etc
Deleted User 1894

Post by Deleted User 1894 »

Another day gone, another day without any contact from the salesperson. Sigh.
Deleted User 1894

I finally lost patience and sent an email chasing things up. I had to try very hard not to get really stroppy, and reworded it several times. Ho hum.
Deleted User 1894

Things have now turned (even more) farcical. One day before I was due to collect, I had a phone call from the salesperson where I was informed that the car isn't actually at the dealer yet! It's still in transit, due to arrive early next week.

I have been promised a goodwill gesture to compensate. Collection is now provisionally scheduled for next Friday instead.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I can well understand your frustration and anger, particularly with a purchase of that value.

Like others, my dealer (Northampton - best deal via Carwow) has been great from the start, communicated promptly and kept me upto-date with progress. Earlier I received another email to say the car had been built and will be shipped soon so is on target for the stated date of 2 July.

As said it's not the cars it's the dealers. Same on other car forums I visit, good and bad dealers. Though you would have thought that the more premium manufactures would have better dealers but sadly it's often not the case.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Deleted User 1894

The thing I can't understand is how no-one could notice that a car that was supposed to be there actually wasn't. The salesperson has been off ill for a few days, which may have had an impact.

Evidently this dealership needs to work a bit harder on communications between employees, as well as communication between salesperson and customers.

Hopefully I will be able to get the boot liner and mats I requested for free. I rather doubt they'd give me Polestar though, so I'll still have to pay for that.
Deleted User 1894

Car was supposed to arrive at the dealer's today. I was hoping for a phone call to confirm. Obviously this didn't happen, and the email I sent mid-afternoon remains unanswered.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I'd be having a word with the general manager.

Is the dealer part of a group? If so, I'd be complaining to the head office.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Deleted User 1894

Oh, it gets worse. I finally got a response from the salesperson this evening:

* The car has apparently been "released" (from where I don't know - factory? Dockside in Europe? boat? dockside in UK? dealer pound?) and the dealer's systems are currently showing an ETA of the start of July (this year, I assume).
* The dealer is hoping that July is a mistake on their computer and it will be with them tomorrow or Friday morning (which would give them no time at all to prepare it for me picking it at 2pm -no doubt that would have to be moved to later in the afternoon, to greater inconvenience me). I suspect this is wishful thinking.
* They were originally told it would arrive yesterday, and were told to tell me this.
* The sales manager is supposedly on the case (is this a good thing?) and has contacted "Car Supply" (whatever that is) to try and get an update.
* I am promised a phone call tomorrow.

Sadly, I was expecting a delay. My level of confidence is not high at the moment. I'm half hoping that the car arrives in pink or with half the options missing so I can get my deposit back and buy something else.

The dealership is a standalone business, not part of a group. I think your idea about emailing head office is a good one - I'll wait to see what tomorrow brings before sending them a complaint. The web site "contact us" page includes the MD's email address, helpfully.