New car ordered

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 1894

Post by Deleted User 1894 »

Three days to go, and I still don’t have a registration number. I was promised I’d get a list to choose from yesterday, and it hasn’t happened.

My salesperson continues to disappoint. I haven’t spoken to them in person or on the phone since the day I ordered the car, and emails are either unanswered or only responded to after a long delay. If I get a satisfaction survey from Volvo, I can’t imagine giving them high marks at all.

Part of me is tempted to say I don’t want the car any more, just to show my dissatisfaction with the level of service. I’m far from certain I’ve made the right decision on buying this car as it is, without the dealer making it worse.

ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

You will definitely get a survey request. This is very important for the sales person. Tell them about your experience of the purchase process and tell them you will be giving them a very negative feedback. After they reply, have some ideas of some extras that you would like, i.e. load compartment mats etc. that may change your feedback!
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Not overly impressed with our sales guy either - seems he fed us crap to get the sale knowing they couldn’t deliver in time and now we just keep getting the same abrupt email updates.
We made it very clear we needed a car by the end of June and was assured it wouldn’t be a problem, never failed to deliver blah blah blah. Now earliest date for car to dealer is 12th July and later than that to us, we have now got to pay to hire a car for at least 10 days !

Hope we receive a feedback form!
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

stu22 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:30 am Not overly impressed with our sales guy either - seems he fed us crap to get the sale knowing they couldn’t deliver in time and now we just keep getting the same abrupt email updates.
We made it very clear we needed a car by the end of June and was assured it wouldn’t be a problem, never failed to deliver blah blah blah. Now earliest date for car to dealer is 12th July and later than that to us, we have now got to pay to hire a car for at least 10 days !

You will! I dealt with Kate at Lookers Colchester, helpful, courteous and funny!
Deleted User 1894

The countdown continues, and I’m still waiting. I would normally chase things up, but I thought this time I’d hold off on doing so, just to see what happens. I shouldn’t have to do all this myself.

Even past purchases with VW (including two that went wrong) have been better than this. I’m finding this whole experience very stressful, not to say annoying. I’m feeling more and more negative about the car and whether or not I’ll like it. Usually I’m really excited about collecting a new car. This time I’m full of doubts.

Thankfully there is the internet to vent some steam!
Boxybutgood

Post by Boxybutgood »

stu22 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:30 am Not overly impressed with our sales guy either - seems he fed us crap to get the sale knowing they couldn’t deliver in time and now we just keep getting the same abrupt email updates.

Is it worth pressing them for a (fully insured) loan car until delivery, particularly if you have written/email evidence of the original delivery expectations? They must have something, even if it's on their used car lot? I'm sure this would allow you to be less severe in your feedback assessment!
XC40 T4 AWD Inscription Pro + Options. Delivered November 2018.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

ACertainAge wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:34 am
You will! I dealt with Kate at Lookers Colchester, helpful, courteous and funny!
We didn't use Lookers, another un-named dealer not too many miles to the East!
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Boxybutgood wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:24 am
Is it worth pressing them for a (fully insured) loan car until delivery, particularly if you have written/email evidence of the original delivery expectations? They must have something, even if it's on their used car lot? I'm sure this would allow you to be less severe in your feedback assessment!
I've already been down that road and asked that option to be considered, they have refused stating that they cannot supply a car for that length of time! Wonder what they would do if a customers car was stuck in for a prolonged reapir?
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Septercius wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:54 am The countdown continues, and I’m still waiting. I would normally chase things up, but I thought this time I’d hold off on doing so, just to see what happens. I shouldn’t have to do all this myself.

Even past purchases with VW (including two that went wrong) have been better than this. I’m finding this whole experience very stressful, not to say annoying. I’m feeling more and more negative about the car and whether or not I’ll like it. Usually I’m really excited about collecting a new car. This time I’m full of doubts.

Thankfully there is the internet to vent some steam!
Similar position, our current car is a Tiguan and the process of getting that was very smooth and all to plan. The XC40 is causing us some stress and my wife especially is getting a bit tired of the dealer......
Deleted User 1894

stu22 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:16 am
Boxybutgood wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:24 am
I've already been down that road and asked that option to be considered, they have refused stating that they cannot supply a car for that length of time! Wonder what they would do if a customers car was stuck in for a prolonged reapir?
That's a load of nonsense! I ordered a Golf which was delayed (I waited eight months in total!) and I got given a Polo for two months so they could take my P/X off me. An Alfa garage gave me a Punto whilst I was waiting for a 147, no problems at all.

I'd be taking a good look through any forms and invoices you have to see whether there's anything about the end of June date. If not, I'd get in touch with the dealer principal anyway (bypass the salesperson) and point out that you were promised the car by the end of June and ordered purely on that basis and that's now not going to happen (which will cost you money for something that's not your fault). You could also kick around the word "misrepresentation"; see further: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... n-act-1967.

From reading on here, Volvo dealers do seem unusually poor. Great products, awful service. Going above and beyond is out of the question.