Side mirror adjustment

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Cassidy4

Post by Cassidy4 »

I have recently collected my XC40 T3 Momentum and delighted with it so far apart from one really annoying issue. The wing mirrors are electric although I am unable to retract the mirrors without sticking my arm out of the window to pull them in manually. Having read the instruction manual I have tried holding the R and L buttons together but that doesn't do anything. It's hard to believe if I want to go through a narrow space it involves getting out of the car to pull the mirrors in individually. My previous car was a V40 design which automatically set the mirrors back when the car was locked and I understand that was a higher spec but surely the XC40 basic model should still have the option of retracting the mirrors using the buttons. :(

Boxybutgood

Post by Boxybutgood »

Just looked at the 'Edition 3' Price and Spec brochure current for when I ordered my car in August. The auto-fold feature is standard only on R Design and Inscription models. It was a £150 option on the Momentum or was included within some option packs. Might be worth asking your dealer if it could be retro-fitted as sometimes all the bits are there but not 'activated'.
XC40 T4 AWD Inscription Pro + Options. Delivered November 2018.
Cassidy4

Post by Cassidy4 »

Thank you for your reply. I didn't see this as an option and presumed the electric side mirrors which is standard, would also allow retracting the mirrors by the use of the L and R buttons together. As you suggested, I shall ask the dealer if there is any way around this .