New XC40 T3 Geartronic

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
ChrisGR

Post by ChrisGR »

Hallo from Greece,

I just ordered a brand new R-Design T3 Geartronic FWD, crystal White
Options: Xenium Pack, rear and front park assist sensors, rear camera, winter pack, 19 inch alloys.

First time Volvo buyer after swifting from BMW.
The dealer has suggested a delivery date for October but still awaiting official confirmation from factory.

I guess it is foing to be a long long waiting time.
Any suggestions for minor additional options to include would be welcomed.
Alao does anyone knows if a polestar engine upgrade will be available for this configuration? MY20 has increased horsepower to 163 bhp but i am afraid is absolutely minimum for this car

Regards

stu22

Post by stu22 »

I have just ordered T3 R-Design manual for my wife, we are being quoted late June / early July delivery.
I drove the T3 manual demonstrator and was pleasently surprised at the power delivery for such a small engine, did find however when driving a T5 with the auto box that it wasn’t that swift pulling away. I don’t think the Volvo auto box is that great if I’m honest.
johnd

Post by johnd »

stu22 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:44 am did find however when driving a T5 with the auto box that it wasn’t that swift pulling away. I don’t think the Volvo auto box is that great if I’m honest.
Did you definitely try it in dynamic mode though? That seems to be the key to making more rapid progress with the auto box. (And then Polestar would offer a further enhancement.)
TrevG

Post by TrevG »

I have a T4 and find the auto box very good no problems pulling away or accelerating had a BMW X1 prior to the Volvo with the same gearbox that was equally as good if you have chosen this option I am sure you will be very happy with it.
XC40 R Design T4 Fusion Red, winter pack, electric tailgate,Sunroof, reversing camera, mud flaps ,boot liner, fitted rubber mats, and spare wheel
stu22

Post by stu22 »

johnd wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:11 pm
stu22 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:44 am did find however when driving a T5 with the auto box that it wasn’t that swift pulling away. I don’t think the Volvo auto box is that great if I’m honest.
Did you definitely try it in dynamic mode though? That seems to be the key to making more rapid progress with the auto box. (And then Polestar would offer a further enhancement.)
Yes, did try switching modes but still didn’t feel the love. We also drove an auto BMW X1 the same day and that was a far nicer box however my wife had already decided she wanted a manual.
I would have still taken the auto if down to me but I rarely drive the car.