New car ordered!

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Hi all

Just ordered a new car for my wife - MY20 XC40 T3 manual R-design in Thunder Grey with winter pack, front park assist and electric memory drivers seat.
Hoping for early July delivery as her lease car (VW Tiguan) goes back then.

Major deliberation choosing the car and spec, especially with the MY20 changes but after driving a T3 manual on Saturday, she finally made the decision.

aj05

Post by aj05 »

Reordered my inscription pro T5 after finally loosing patience and cancelling the previous ordered car (ordered May 2018) a couple of months ago and no getting any sensible delivery date from dealer, who insisted no delivery slots available which I find hard to believe. I can not prove it but believe the new sales manager did not want to honour the discount offered when ordered
Placed new order with different dealer and have been quoted early June delivery this time, as this is an My20 have changed from Denim Blue to Thunder grey with red oxide leather
stu22

Post by stu22 »

We went through CarWow to get the discount and dealer was happy to honour it despite the shear number of XC40’s they are selling. Experience of the dealer so far has been very good however aren’t our local dealer, they wouldn’t budge on price at all.
aj05

Post by aj05 »

I went with Carfile and again dealer happy to give their discount not as much as first supplier but reasonable considering demand and faster delivery and an efficient salesman who bothered to chase delivery times and reported a ten day reduction on the original date (fingers crossed)