T4 AWD Inscription Automatic Onyx Black

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Johannesa

Post by Johannesa »

Hi,

Nice to meet you all. Ordered my car in mid-Jan for delivery end of March. Initially ordered a manual T3 in Pine Grey but then got told that the colour had been discontinued and that I would have to wait until end of August for the engine option I wanted. Went for a T4 AWD Automatic instead which meant delivery end of March. A little bit pricier but with AWD and a stronger motor so probably the better choice in the end. Also don't think I could have waited until after summer.

I'm originally Swedish but have lived in the UK for a long time now. Currently drive a Land Rover Defender 90 TD XS from 2014 which I really love with all its shortfalls and quirks. Have known for a while that it's not realistic to keep the Defender living in central London but have not found anything that has gotten me remotely excited until I saw the XC40. Now really looking forward to the end of March when I can pick it up.

/johannes

Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

Johannes,
May I ask if yours a MY19 or MY20 order? Pine grey is not a MY20 colour. Do you need to pay for the metallic paint? Metallic is chargeable MY20. As the onyx black is available in both MY hence yours could also be a pre allocated MY19 build slot.
I have ordered a R design pro T4 FWD auto in glacier silver last week. Both engine and colour spec is new in the UK. It is scheduled for end of June delivery.
Johannesa

Post by Johannesa »

Not sure what MY to be honest. Could be that it's an MY19 as I believe April is when Volvo normally change. It will definitely be a 19 reg. I didn't pay extra for the metallic paint but he said that they would start charging extra for it the following week.