Eagerly Waiting

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Buttons

Post by Buttons »

Hi there,

Just joined the group and great to read all the messages posted here.

I ordered my Inscription at the beginning of November and was quoted an early/mid March delivery (the Midlands) anyone know if that’s realistic?

Johndoley

Post by Johndoley »

Ni, ordered mine in July picked up 3 weeks ago, well worth the wait though
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Greetings from another Midlander.

Your quoted delivery times are in line with mine - ordered December, car expected at dealer late March, pick up April.

I suspect, like me, your dealer already had slot(s) booked & amended order to suit.

We're in a sweet spot at moment - good dealers can pre-order cars knowing that they can sell them easily.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Buttons

Post by Buttons »

Thanks for the quick replies. I’m keeping my fingers crossed (ever the optimist!!). Perhaps they should be quoting more realistic delivery times if longer delays are the norm but I’ll keep you all posted.
buddie000

Post by buddie000 »

Order delivery seems totally random, ordered mine in October currently delivery Mid March
D4 Inscription Maple Brown Intellisafe pro, winter pack
mjs

Post by mjs »

I ordered mine mid October and being told 15th April - post Brexit
Any one know of any dealers suggesting a surcharge post Brexit as I have heard it being muted by other manufacturers?
aj05

Post by aj05 »

Ordering my inscription pro tomorrow been advised delivery June
Buttons

Post by Buttons »

mjs wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:17 pm I ordered mine mid October and being told 15th April - post Brexit
Any one know of any dealers suggesting a surcharge post Brexit as I have heard it being muted by other manufacturers?

I haven’t heard that and would hope not!!!
Bigads166

Post by Bigads166 »

I ordered a t3 r design pro at the start of Jan and have a delivery date of 8th March. Dealer has been very firm on this date and state they are getting on time and even early deliveries now.

There have been a few stories about regarding post brexit price rises. The most significant I have read was that Porsche have advised customers who ordered cars after a certain date in Jan may face a 10% price rise on their cars depending on the outcome of brexit.
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

I ordered a MY20 T4 R design pro last week and have a phone call today giving a delivery date on 24 June. Nothing about the Brexit surcharge in fact my total spec is £10 like for like cheaper than the old list price.