New Car: V. good but couple of negatives

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
PE70*

Post by PE70* »

Overall I'm delighted at my new XC40 but 2 things really disappoint me.

1. I was duped in to thinking the car could be pre-conditioned using the On Call App. This is one of the features that I was really looking forward to.
Apparently you need the Hybrid model for this feature.

2. The cup holders on the manual are too small. the first cup takes up pretty much ALL the room!!!

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Yes and no! The preconditioning works on cooling but not on heating. So, this summer, I set the preconditioning timer for 10 minutes. The function just vents the cabin air out of the vehicle. Having said that, the air that is expelled is brought in from the outside. So on the day that I tried it, it was 28 degrees outside. That effectively meant that there wasn’t much of a change in temperature. However, others have reported that they get an error message when they try to get it to work. I notice that you have a manual. On the auto, you can remote start the car (in fact, I did it today). This can put the seat heaters on, and turn on the front and rear heated screens if desired.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Icas55

Post by Icas55 »

I totally agree re cup holders! annoying.
PE70*

Post by PE70* »

Re: Remote starting. I asked the dealer about this and they explained that this feature isn't available on the manual since the car could be parked 'in gear.'