New T4 RDesign Auto Fwd fuel range

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Mine's done around 8000 miles (T4 AWD auto). The mpg does increase over time and generally I'm averaging around or just over 40mpg. It has dropped a bit of late to taking it for a holiday in Yorkshire and all those hills knocked the mpg back a bit so currently the average is sitting at around 37mpg.

I tend to drive in eco mode when I can, if not I switch to personalised setting which is eco with normal air con setting...for the times when it is damp or cold outside and the car is liable to steam up a bit on the inside.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019

ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

I also have a T4 AWD and i average about 22mpg in London. Crazy traffic both morning and evening, and takes about 50-60 mins for an 11 miles trip, so i think it's pretty fair. Especially as some areas are particularly hilly.

On M25/motorway/longer drivers i averaged 32mpg in Comfort. It surely can drop below that in Eco (as others mentioned, i have an Individual setting based on Eco but with Dynamic Brakes, AirCon and Heavy Steering). Not to mention i have a rather heavy foot, so that's not helping my case.

That said, i was well aware of it and i didn't buy this car for the fuel economy. Depending on what's more important for you, you can live or not with more refuels.
Joerichmond1988

Post by Joerichmond1988 »

Thanks for all your replies, theyve certainly put my mind at ease. The car was delivered with 12 miles on the clock ha and were onto about 280 miles on it now. We wont do many miles in it tbh as we just use it for commuting which isnt far. I suppose it sounds like it's just loosening up and also we may need to take it on some longer runs! I suppose the current cold weather isnt helping either! Love the car though and from what I can tell we have gotten an extremely good lease deal on it which I cant find a better one so all in very happy. Thanks once again for all the help
Gray1969

Post by Gray1969 »

Hi all,
Bit of an update now we have had ours just over a week.
We have done 400 miles and are averaging 32.8mpg.
Work commute is 6 miles either way and that seems to bring in figures of 30mpg.
Figures on short trips round town to the supermarket, parents house etc don't do very good at low 20s.
But today I took it for its first decent run - 160 mile round trip from North Yorkshire to South Yorkshire and back, going there we averaged 36mpg, but was quite impressed to get 42.8mpg on the return 80 mile leg, did most of it in cruise control at 70 - 75 mph, so quite happy with that to be fair.
Got to say, the drive was excellent, so relaxing and quiet, loving the car so far.
T4 Auto R design in Onyx black, 19" alloys, winter pack and convenience pack, front parking sensors.
BiddyR

Post by BiddyR »

Done 720 miles so far, mainly short journeys, car has averaged 30mpg now. From cold short journeys of less than 3 miles get low 20’s mpg. To be fare car has spent a lot of time sitting in heavy traffic. Longer runs over 40 miles mixed roads have seen 40mpg.
T4 R Design Pro FWD
michael123

Post by michael123 »

ciuncky wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:32 pm I also have a T4 AWD and i average about 22mpg in London. Crazy traffic both morning and evening, and takes about 50-60 mins for an 11 miles trip, so i think it's pretty fair. Especially as some areas are particularly hilly.
I have about the same or even little worse. Sometimes I spend 45 minutes for merely 4 km

ciuncky wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:32 pm That said, i was well aware of it and i didn't buy this car for the fuel economy.

I was not. Volvo as every other car-maker lie about real figures.
Salesperson who sold me the car, told me 'wait until you ride 5000km. Ha! I am using the car mostly in the city where heavy traffic is.
[ that being said, when I can I take an electric scooter instead ]
Joerichmond1988

Post by Joerichmond1988 »

Christmas week.. 250 miles outta a tank! I feel it seems worse than it actually is.. most cars that size have a 86l tank..