Web links

Suggestions & Help using the XC40 Forum
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

Is there a way to set any url links to open in new tab as default rather than navigate away from the forum? Seems a bit odd for that not to be the case.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)

abby606

Post by abby606 »

Don't think so - the forum appears to be phpBB and an extension/modification would be required for that behaviour.

It's generally not included by default as it's considered bad etiquette for a site to operate in a non-standard way, i.e. if you want a window/tab to open, you use a middle click or use the right click menu on a hyperlink to achieve it.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

It has been asked before and the forum software doesn’t have the option. Essentially it’s the same as answered above, it’s considered bad practice to control how a users browser behaves! I personally prefer them opening in a new window too...
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

No problem, I didn't realise it's considered bad practice - seems pretty common nowadays. I'm just lazy :p
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Some admins don't link mods to forums as it sometimes prevents updates but if you wanted Rob you can install this extension which allows users to choose if they want links to open in a new window or not

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2284971
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October