2.0 Update

For discussions on the Volvo XC40 Recharge Pure Electric
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Has anybody received the 2.0 update? It hasn't shown up for me yet - I may not have driven the car enough for it have had enough time to download. Any experiences - positive or negative? According to the notes it does not provide the one thing I have been waiting for - Apple CarPlay (and in fact it is not even listed as upcoming, even though CbV promised me it would come in early 2022...).

qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

My car received the 2.0 update yesterday. Since then, the app has has been much less responsive. Very slow to update car status. Had to unlock the car and get inside of it before the app would connect. I finally got it to set a climate timer, but this morning the app couldn't find the timer, and now again won't connect to the car.
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

qrt31 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:14 am My car received the 2.0 update yesterday. Since then, the app has has been much less responsive. Very slow to update car status. Had to unlock the car and get inside of it before the app would connect. I finally got it to set a climate timer, but this morning the app couldn't find the timer, and now again won't connect to the car.
I have not had the update yet but it will probably be there when I get back to the UK later this month. Even without the update i find the app pretty poor. Its very slow and with limited features. Our daughter has an XC40 with the B4 petrol engine and the app for this has many more features and works really well.
On a different note have you managed to connect your car to home wifi? The signal is really strong where my car is parked but the car does not find it. It does however pick up some network from several houses up the road
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Cevoli21 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:26 am
qrt31 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:14 am My car received the 2.0 update yesterday. Since then, the app has has been much less responsive. Very slow to update car status. Had to unlock the car and get inside of it before the app would connect. I finally got it to set a climate timer, but this morning the app couldn't find the timer, and now again won't connect to the car.
I have not had the update yet but it will probably be there when I get back to the UK later this month. Even without the update i find the app pretty poor. Its very slow and with limited features. Our daughter has an XC40 with the B4 petrol engine and the app for this has many more features and works really well.
On a different note have you managed to connect your car to home wifi? The signal is really strong where my car is parked but the car does not find it. It does however pick up some network from several houses up the road
Could that be due to security measures in place. We once had in the home new internet and it was set up with WPA-PSK2. and my laptop just couldn't connect or find it. Changed security settings to WPA-PSK and everything worked as it should
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Thank you. Will investigate when i get back
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Cevoli21 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:26 am
No, I haven't been able to connect to home WiFi. I can periodically see other networks, but not mine - even tried moving the car to a different side of the house, but no luck (my phone gets two bars out of three in the car and the charger right next to the car connects to WiFi fine). CbV referred me to my dealer who was not able to help me. We were able to connect to WiFi at the dealer, so the one person at the dealer who knows anything about the BEV basically threw up his hands and said there was no need to connect to WiFi. At some point, will have to go back to CbV.

With regard to the app, its responsiveness has improved again. But I agree that it is very feature poor.
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

In a way i am glad I am not the only one with the Wifi issue. Really not that important at the moment but I like things to work as they should. Once home I will see if I can seee the car via the router software. If succesful I will post the solution here
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Is there any way to see what Software Version Sensus is running?
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

I am now back home. No sign of an update. System is running Version 1.10 and claims its up to date although the online manual says the latest version is 2.0. I can only assume the updates are not rolled out to everyone at once.
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

The update has appeared. So far it does not seem to have done much. There is a version of Amazon Music but it does not seem to offer much choice or a search function. Spotify will remain the go to option. There are some new internet radio apps which i really dont need. The phone app looks just the same as always. Everything else looks the same as before. Maybe something will become apparent with use. The phone app connects to the car without any difficulty but no new features.