Thanks!

For discussions on the Volvo XC40 Recharge Pure Electric
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Thanks to the moderators for setting up this separate chat area for EV owners. Looking forward to lots of discussions about batteries and getting over range anxiety!

jmw

Post by jmw »

qrt31 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:52 pm Thanks to the moderators for setting up this separate chat area for EV owners. Looking forward to lots of discussions about batteries and getting over range anxiety!
Hello all. Me too!
2023 XC40 Recharge Twin Ultimate
ejevs

Post by ejevs »

qrt31 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:52 pm Thanks to the moderators for setting up this separate chat area for EV owners. Looking forward to lots of discussions about batteries and getting over range anxiety!
Me three - hi all :)

Due to take delivery of my XC40 Plus Trim, Single Motor, MY22 in the next few weeks. Excited and nervous!

Do others have theirs? Any tips/tricks/do's/don'ts! :?:
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

ejevs wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:33 am

Due to take delivery of my XC40 Plus Trim, Single Motor, MY22 in the next few weeks. Excited and nervous!

Congratulations. No need to be nervous. Check it has everything it should. mainly the tech - driver assistance things and the camera(s). One hears stories of some coming through with bits missing. Ours had the wrong seat trim but other than that everything was present and correct. Set it to One pedal driving and enjoy. Takes 15-20 minutes to get used to it and adjust driving style accordingly. I think you will love it. We are certainly very happy with ours.
If you set the lights to auto then the daytime running lights will be on front and back all the time so no chance of getting caught out and running with no rear lights.
The Google system works well. Even the voice control once you learn the correct phrases to use. The battery predictions have so far proved entirely accurate when using the navigation function.
The only negative i have is that the reversing lights are hopeless. You should have a camera on Plus trim so that will help.
They are quite heavy on consumption compared to other BEVs. A function of the brick like styling. Our twin motor is averaging just over 3 miles/Kw although we never use its performance potential. The single motor should be capable of a bit more. Charing overnight on our current tariff its about 1.2 pence per mile but our fixed rate ends in June so will then be a lot more.
Do let us know how you get on.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Cevoli21 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:23 pm
ejevs wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:33 am

Congratulations. No need to be nervous. Check it has everything it should. mainly the tech - driver assistance things and the camera(s). One hears stories of some coming through with bits missing. Ours had the wrong seat trim but other than that everything was present and correct. Set it to One pedal driving and enjoy. Takes 15-20 minutes to get used to it and adjust driving style accordingly. I think you will love it. We are certainly very happy with ours.
If you set the lights to auto then the daytime running lights will be on front and back all the time so no chance of getting caught out and running with no rear lights.
The Google system works well. Even the voice control once you learn the correct phrases to use. The battery predictions have so far proved entirely accurate when using the navigation function.
The only negative i have is that the reversing lights are hopeless. You should have a camera on Plus trim so that will help.
They are quite heavy on consumption compared to other BEVs. A function of the brick like styling. Our twin motor is averaging just over 3 miles/Kw although we never use its performance potential. The single motor should be capable of a bit more. Charing overnight on our current tariff its about 1.2 pence per mile but our fixed rate ends in June so will then be a lot more.
Do let us know how you get on.
Definitely try out OPD. Took an hour to get used to it, but I will never go back. I think in the 4+ months I have had the car I have used the brakes about 5 times. My experience with the voice control is a bit more mixed - in particular in getting it to change radio stations (I have come to the conclusion that it does not like the BBC...). Cevoli21 has been getting better range than I have, but hopefully as the weather warms up here in Scotland range will get better. But overall it is a great car to drive. Enjoy!
ejevs

Post by ejevs »

@Cevoli21 @qrt31 - thank you both. OPD has been a dream in the few months since I picked up the car - have been super happy with it until the dreaded “Propulsion system service required” error appeared on the dash on Saturday. Booked in at the dealership next Monday - fingers crossed for an easy fix!

Hope you’re both still loving yours ;)
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Still very happy with it despite a couple of software issues. Firstly a completely flat 12v battery after 7 days away. Volvo seem unable to explain why it happened. Likely to have been a software problem. Secondly inability to charge above 80% and unable to set climate timers. This time definitely a software issue as a reboot of the android system solved the problem.
Over the warmer months it was doing 3.7miles/kw/h but has now gone back down to just over 3.
Using the heater/climate knocks the range by around 10% but after a few minutes it comes back up. I have assumed this is the effect of the heat pump doing its job.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
window

Post by window »

I have been monitoring the cost per mile when the car has been using the battery. The maximum range is ~24miles on battery alone on my plug in hybrid. In the summer months it has been working out at 10p/mile. I have switched on the "increase heating" option [I assume this is the only way to have heating when only on the battery?] and the cost per mile is now 15p. I will monitor further. 50% increase in battery usage! I will monitor further.