Spotlight opearation

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Post Reply
ACertainAge
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:36 pm

Spotlight opearation

Post by ACertainAge » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:14 pm

On my D3R, my offside spotlight seems to be on permanently, and when I switch them on, the nearside one comes on as well. When I switch them off, the offside one remains on. Am I doing something wrong please?


BarryH
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:56 pm
Location: UK

Re: Spotlight opearation

Post by BarryH » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:48 pm

Is it that you have lock on the steering and the ‘cornering lights function’ is being activated? That would switch on the fog light on the side the wheels are pointing and then if you switched on the fog lamps the other side would come on.
D4 Auto Design Pro, Crystal White,


ACertainAge
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:36 pm

Re: Spotlight opearation

Post by ACertainAge » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:56 pm

BarryH wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:48 pm
Is it that you have lock on the steering and the ‘cornering lights function’ is being activated? That would switch on the fog light on the side the wheels are pointing and then if you switched on the fog lamps the other side would come on.
Alas BarryH, I do not have the luxury of these!


iainrelliott
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 10:21 pm

Re: Spotlight opearation

Post by iainrelliott » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:17 am

Do you need to have the convenience pack for the fog lights to come on when cornering? I don’t have the pack, and can’t say I can see them coming on when cornering at slow speeds.


Rifleman
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:21 pm
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: Spotlight opearation

Post by Rifleman » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:03 pm

iainrelliott wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:17 am
Do you need to have the convenience pack for the fog lights to come on when cornering? I don’t have the pack, and can’t say I can see them coming on when cornering at slow speeds.
I think it's one of the options in the settings menu which you have to tick/un-tick. Don't think you need the convenience pack but I may be wrong...
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.


iainrelliott
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 10:21 pm

Re: Spotlight opearation

Post by iainrelliott » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:15 pm

I think I may have read that somewhere before too. It’s possibly meant to show up in the Car Functions screen, however I don’t have any option there.


Rifleman
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:21 pm
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: Spotlight opearation

Post by Rifleman » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:21 am

iainrelliott wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:15 pm
I think I may have read that somewhere before too. It’s possibly meant to show up in the Car Functions screen, however I don’t have any option there.
If you have it fitted the option to enable/disable it will be on the functions screen. See attached photo.

27977E7B-1AB7-4D29-9D51-5C49AC729BA2.jpeg

XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.


iainrelliott
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 10:21 pm

Re: Spotlight opearation

Post by iainrelliott » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:11 am

Thanks for posting that. As I thought, I don’t have that option. Must come as part of an option I don’t have!


Post Reply

Return to “Faults & Technical”