Dashboard lighting fail

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Roadhog

Post by Roadhog »

Jumped into my first edition this morning and all dashboard very dim. Got to destination and reversing into space all came bright.return trip all good.
Just went out again and all dim (Including camera)
Anyone have had same ?
Osmium grey FE D4

super8simon

Post by super8simon »

I have noticed that with these darker winter mornings my screens are defaulting to 'night settings' until things brighten up, and so do the screens. I have the map showing in the centre of the driver display, and at night the background is black. This has also been the case on some of my morning commutes on particularly dull days. Usually once I have driven off the tree lined streets onto the open dual carriageway the settings change to the brighter daytime view, and the map background changes too. If it happens to you again, try rotating the screen brightness wheel on the dash. I believe the wheel only changes the brightness when the screens are in night mode, so if it has an effect that could be your answer.
T4 Momentum, with a few extras!
Roadhog

Post by Roadhog »

Many thanks for the reply, it has not done it again but I am totally convinced you are correct as previous times it was very gloomy conditions. Again many thanks for the moral support and useful info.
Osmium grey FE D4
PC40

Post by PC40 »

Next time it happens check to see if the mood lighting is on. LED near mirror. If it is the car has gone into night mode. I find trees and under bridges as well as multi story car parks trip the display into night mode even during the day.
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018