AD BLUE AND ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
CO66RAN

Post by CO66RAN »

Hi All, my D3 XC40 is intermittently showing Ad Blue required. The vehicle has only done 800 miles and the light came on again yesterday again, so I dropped into dealer to check. The dealer was unable to locate fault and with this I dropped the vehicle into the garage today for further investigation. On my way to the dealer this morning the engine management light also appeared. Dealer has had the car all day and are unable to locate fault. They are in discussion with Volvo UK to try an pin point. Just wondered if this is an isolated case or if any other D3 drivers have had similar?
Volvo dealer didn't have a courtesy vehicle to provide me so in a BMW 2 Series via my local hire company. Not a great start to life in a Volvo....
CO66RAN - XC40 R DESIGN (BLACK / BLACK)

ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

Sorry to hear that. Presumably the ad blue indicator is showing almost full on the gauge? It takes the 'shine off' a new car when something like this happens.
CO66RAN

Post by CO66RAN »

@ACertainAge, Yes the indicator was showing full, but fault on the dash. Still in at the dealer, Volvo UK have advised dealer to drop the existing Ad Blue fluid, change sensor, and this should resolve. I expect the vehicle back to me tomorrow, so fingers crossed.
CO66RAN - XC40 R DESIGN (BLACK / BLACK)
trevor.harris

Post by trevor.harris »

Engine management light on mine 5 weeks old garage 4 days say need part and blue Fault
Xc40 D3
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

CO66RAN wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:22 pm Hi All, my D3 XC40 is intermittently showing Ad Blue required. The vehicle has only done 800 miles and the light came on again yesterday again, so I dropped into dealer to check. The dealer was unable to locate fault and with this I dropped the vehicle into the garage today for further investigation. On my way to the dealer this morning the engine management light also appeared. Dealer has had the car all day and are unable to locate fault. They are in discussion with Volvo UK to try an pin point. Just wondered if this is an isolated case or if any other D3 drivers have had similar?
Volvo dealer didn't have a courtesy vehicle to provide me so in a BMW 2 Series via my local hire company. Not a great start to life in a Volvo....
This is strange because my D3 has covered around 830 miles, and the Ad Blue warning light came on yesterday, and has remained on. Booked into local dealers today, so will update this thread later. The gauge is showing, as it should be, almost full.
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

Was in the garage for around 3 hours. Apparently a software problem. Now OK again. Donald's of Ipswich, who did not supply the car, were absolutely brilliant in offering a next day appointment, and then either a courtesy car or a lift home as it was a longer job than they anticipated.