Tourist - Alternative Speedometer

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

The manual talks of a “tourist alternative speedometer “ and it implies that it is enabled/disabled in the trip computer using the steering wheel right hand controls. I can’t find such an option in the trip menu.
Anyone managed to find it? I’m wondering if it only appears when outside the home region...

On the subject of the trip meter, how do you get it to display instantaneous mpg rather than average mpg?

TIA.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.

trjim2k5

Post by trjim2k5 »

If you bring up the driver display menu using the button on the steering wheel, you should find the answers to your questions by scrolling down the trip submenu. I think the tourist speedometer is the last entry.
XC40 | Inscription Pro | D3 FWD Auto | Denim Blue | Ordered 29/03/18 | Delivered 29/09/18
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

trjim2k5 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:05 pm If you bring up the driver display menu using the button on the steering wheel, you should find the answers to your questions by scrolling down the trip submenu. I think the tourist speedometer is the last entry.
That’s where I expected it to be but it doesn’t appear there.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

I’ve found the tourist speedo.
In the trip meter, 3rd section there are three square tick boxes.
Text for first says ODO - mi, second is an arrow & petrol pump - mi but for the third box there is no text description. If I select the box with the blank text then the digital speedo changes to km/h. The missing text looks like a bug in the system software.

In the last section the next to last entry is “gph’. I wonder if gph stands for gallons per hour maybe and is therefore the instaneous fuel consumption?
If that’s the case it’s a pity it doesn’t use mpg rather than gph...
trjim2k5

Post by trjim2k5 »

Interesting, the text appears fine on mine. Might be a different software version?
XC40 | Inscription Pro | D3 FWD Auto | Denim Blue | Ordered 29/03/18 | Delivered 29/09/18
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

trjim2k5 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:01 am Interesting, the text appears fine on mine. Might be a different software version?
Now found the missing text. It only appears when the engine is running.
Ignition off: no text, no tick box
Ignition on: no text, tick box present
Engine Running: text and tick box present

Also found similar problem with instantaneous fuel consumption selection not appearing in the TM as described in the manual.
Ignition off: nothing in the menu
Ignition on: “gph” in the menu
Engine running: “mpg” in the menu

Seems that in order get at all the settings mentioned in the manual as you want them you have to sit parked up with the engine running. Doesn’t seem logical to me but at least I’m slowly getting the settings as I want them...
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Rifleman wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:11 pm
trjim2k5 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:01 am Interesting, the text appears fine on mine. Might be a different software version?
Now found the missing text. It only appears when the engine is running.
Ignition off: no text, no tick box
Ignition on: no text, tick box present
Engine Running: text and tick box present

Also found similar problem with instantaneous fuel consumption selection not appearing in the TM as described in the manual.
Ignition off: nothing in the menu
Ignition on: “gph” in the menu
Engine running: “mpg” in the menu

Seems that in order get at all the settings mentioned in the manual as you want them you have to sit parked up with the engine running. Doesn’t seem logical to me but at least I’m slowly getting the settings as I want them...
I don't understand the logic there either! I still also don't understand why the setup options aren't all accessible from the centre display either.
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18