Sideloading Android Apps For Sensus? Youtube Music / Spotify Integration

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Deleted User 1286

Post by Deleted User 1286 »

Is there any way of installing android apps directly into the Sensus system without having to wait for them to be released by Volvo? I thought I saw some videos on youtube of people who have been able to completely load up a bunch of apps right on the Sensus system.

The reason I ask is that I'm considering moving over to Youtube Music from Spotify but prefer using the Spotify app because it shows me the entire playlist and not just the current song being played. It also allows me to scroll my library without having to pickup my phone. I realize that one solution would be to use Android Auto which I'm contemplating but that requires a wired solution.

I also wouldn't make the switch away from Spotify until Youtube Music supports Sonos and Android Auto which I understand is coming soon.

Thanks

Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

I'm not sure it's currently android based, it could be based on software from parrott. If no one answers I'll test a few tricks this weekend as I've got the Android debugging software on my laptop
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

I don’t know why, but I thought it was QNX based.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018