Various Noises From Vents

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Deleted User 1286

Post by Deleted User 1286 »

I have noticed two very distinct types of noises that seem to come from the front vents of the vehicle.

The first one is a knocking noise which typically happens within the first few minutes of starting the vehicle. It'll knock knock knock and then eventually goes away within a few minutes.

The second is more subtle but even more annoying once you notice it. It's a that resembles the sounds crickets make but it's constant and only happens when you press the acceleration pedal. Even the slightest press of the pedal will initiate the noise and I typically hear it fro the driver side vent closest to the window. If I raise the volume of the radio, it typically tunes it out but it's the kind of noise/sound that once you hear it, you cannot unhear it and you'll always notice it. I just find it strange that you only hear it when you are using the acceleration pedal.

Anyone else notice these sounds or have any solution?

Thanks

myzo78

Post by myzo78 »

Hello,

I have the exact same issue when pressing the gas pedal . Car has been brought to dealership 3 times already but they failed to find the issue. Mine is T4 FWD.
Did your dealer managed to find the issue? I'd really appreciate your feedback if your car is fixed.

Thanks
Grayling

Post by Grayling »

I have had my XC40 since March 2020.
I think it’s a good car BUT it has developed a rattle /vibration coming from the centre console which is totally spoiling the driving experience. The main dealer has had it back once but it’s now worse and happens nearly all rather time.
If they can’t fix it I’ll have to get rid of the car.
Anybody else had this problem.
PeterM

Post by PeterM »

I have had my XC40 Momentum Pro since March also have noticed a noise from the centre console but this is more a creaking sound coming from the plastic, highly annoying, either a catch has become detached or broken. I have manged to pin it down to section that houses the only buttons on the dash, in the back corner where it fits to the centre binnacle (hope that makes sense?). Anyway getting progressively worse so taking it back to main dealership (Bells Northampton) to hopefully rectify. Will let you know how I get on.
adio88

Post by adio88 »

Any luck, @myzo78? I have the same noise when pressing the gas pedal and it's such an annoyance!
Exmpa

Post by Exmpa »

I had the same creaky, rattling noise on mine. In common with other reports, I tracked it down to the fascia mount for the controls at the bottom of the centre console. I did read in another forum that it wasn’t uncommon and was due to a catch not engaging properly. Anyway, I raised it with the dealer and they promptly rectified it. I believe that they use a bit of adhesive strip and some padding to secure the fascia properly.

Exmpa
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Just driving home this evening I was thinking just how quiet it is at speed. Sorry for others, but mines beautifully noise free.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21