Noisy climate system

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Morten

Post by Morten »

Hello,

In a different thread there was something about a “noisy” climate system.

Like a “clicking” sound, coming from underneath the dashboard.

Is there anybody ells that have that issue, and if so what have you done to fix it?

Kind regards

Tommo

Post by Tommo »

I do have a clicking and clunking noise sometimes when I first start the vehicle I’m assuming it’s the climate system adjusting internal flaps or louvres to to direct the air to the relevant outlets
Black stone T5 FE 19” alloys collected 29 June
Deleted User 1286

Post by Deleted User 1286 »

Tommo wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:12 pm I do have a clicking and clunking noise sometimes when I first start the vehicle I’m assuming it’s the climate system adjusting internal flaps or louvres to to direct the air to the relevant outlets
I get the exact same thing. Doesn't always happen but does happen a lot. Is this a known issue that needs to be fixed? I can't imagine this is considered normal?
Morten

Post by Morten »

I have been in dialog with my dealer about it, they claim that they do not know about it. It seems credible as the car is relative new, I have asked him about if they do not have a “center of knowledge” somewhere in Sweden they can aske, he haven’t revert to me yet.

The problem for me is that I can not always provoke it, and there do not seems to be any clear pattern on when it happens, but after the temperature is becoming colder outside it happens more often.

I also think it is some flaps or louvres moving, but I find it hard to accept the sounds.

Br Morten