Remote Start settings

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
allroad

Post by allroad »

anyone know how to set up remote start so heated seats front and rear screens etc come on ?
XC 40 FE FUSION RED D4 19" HL WASHERS TOW BAR LISBURN N.IRELAND...Now Polestarred !

Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

It says it uses automatic settings when using the remote start, does anyone know what settings these are and if they can be changed?

Would love to have the car defrost itself but mine doesn't seem to bother turning the heaters/electric windscreen on and wondering if anyone else had managed to get this sorted
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
mss911

Post by mss911 »

Here you go ...

Screenshot from 2019-01-21 12-09-23.png

Screenshot from 2019-01-21 12-14-42.png

Screenshot from 2019-01-21 12-15-30.png

morrishey

Post by morrishey »

As per MSS911's crop from the manual. Mine works fine, whether by normal start with me inside pressing the button, or via app remote start.

I believe the preference is saved with the profile, so make sure you save the profile again after you've made changes.
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Well that's all turned on, on my profile and works fine when I unlock with the key. Didn't know if the remote start used another profile as that's the only place it doesn't work
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Godders

Post by Godders »

I haven't set up a profile, and the automatic settings seem to work OK in both normal and remote start. This probably means that the settings used for remote start are those held in whatever the default profile is - since the remote start (i.e. without the keys being present) will have no way of knowing which profile to use. Perhaps try setting them but not saving to a specific profile?
Inscription T4 automatic Onyx Black
mss911

Post by mss911 »

I have some recollection that the auto activation only comes on when the ambient temperature is below a certain value too. Can't find it in the now manual though :-S
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Remote Start has to be one of my favourite features.

As I'd already protected Profile 1 before setting auto defrost & heated seats, I made setting without saving to profile 1st, then locked & unlocked doors, set again, then updated profile.

There may be an unnecessary step there but, only took 2 minutes, & all works as expected.

Was above 0° this morning & everything came on - I suspect there is a temperature, above which, they won't come on - not below freezing though.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

Silver Moose wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:26 am Remote Start has to be one of my favourite features.
Me too - use it loads over winter. Shared car park at work with a lawyers firm, Q7 owner very unimpressed when Audi advised him he can't add it on! I also regularly get a message from my friend with the manual XC40 about how she's thinking about mine when sitting waiting to defrost in the morning ! :lol:
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Been playing some more.

Was 2-3°C this morning & system was smart enough to turn on rear screen/mirrors & seats but not front screen.

Profile settings are definitely kept separate. I changed profile settings to front & rear screen & non-profile to also include front driver & passenger seat. It now behaves differently according to whether or not it is started remotely. Of course, most owners will know this, just updating thread for new/prospective owners.

Only slight quirk with having different settings - profile overrides remote settings as you still have to 'start' the car before driving away (unless I'm doing it wrong???)
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera