Auto brake

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40

Post by 01142007 »

Has anyone had an issue when driving that there seems to be a moment when the brake seems to apply, this ia while driving approx 25/30 mph.

I have a red car flash on the dashboard, this lasts approximately 3 second.

Only picked car up yesterday and happened 3 times, drove about 30 miles to date.

balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Sounds like the collision avoidance system detecting a possible collision. 3 times in 30 miles does seem a bit excessive (it's happened to me twice in 3500 miles!). There are threads discussing this elsewhere, the system is generally pretty effective in my experience although there are some circumstances (e.g. passing a car parked that's on a sweeping RH bend) where it triggers unnecessarily. You can change the sensitivity of the system in the setup menu which helps. If it still keeps happening for you then you should get it checked out.
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
DaveSig2018

Post by DaveSig2018 »

balmoral wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:40 am Sounds like the collision avoidance system detecting a possible collision. 3 times in 30 miles does seem a bit excessive (it's happened to me twice in 3500 miles!). There are threads discussing this elsewhere, the system is generally pretty effective in my experience although there are some circumstances (e.g. passing a car parked that's on a sweeping RH bend) where it triggers unnecessarily. You can change the sensitivity of the system in the setup menu which helps. If it still keeps happening for you then you should get it checked out.
I've found this over sensitive and have now changed the alert setting to 'late' - touch wood, been better for me.
On order (April 2018) XC40 Inscription / T4 / Denim Blue / now on the road as of 30th July 2018!! :D

Post by 01142007 »

Not sure if i have found the issue, just need to test it. It has happened on tge same road where a school is. I think it may something to do with the reading of the road signs and a break control system, not technical name :)

I have now turned something off that does an assist brake
bobsap

Post by bobsap »

same thing here in the US with my T5 Inscrpition!

too sensitive, have changed alert to LATE