Kingxc40

Post by Kingxc40 »

Pics

20181112_202201.jpg

20181112_201947.jpg

20181112_201907.jpg

Lshlondon

Post by Lshlondon »

Hi all, I’ve been experiencing internal condensation for the past few months. No visible incoming water damage anywhere but then I discovered the right side rear passenger well is soaking wet!! Have it booked in for next week. Supposedly it will take a few days for them to investigate. Hope they don’t scratch or scuff the car!
MOSCOWBASS

Post by MOSCOWBASS »

Has everybody go their water leak fixed? Other than the aircon problems, did the others have sunroofs?
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

No, i havent booked mine in to be looked at yet, but yes it does have the panoramic sunroof. It will be interesting to see if that is the common denominator.
D4 Auto Design Pro, Crystal White,
Kingxc40

Post by Kingxc40 »

I week at the dealer, no diagnosis of the water leak. Just a statement that more water was found. Also, what do you do when you buy a new car because you need it and you have no car to drive?
Last edited by Kingxc40 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kingxc40

Post by Kingxc40 »

My car has a sun roof. I did not want a sunroof because of heat gain and leak potential. But, I wanted a car with most of the other features and I needed one quick. With sun roof was what was available.
MOSCOWBASS

Post by MOSCOWBASS »

Thanks for the replies, I won't be ordering a car for a year yet, but I'm interested in the XC40. I don't want a sunroof, but am interested if this is the cause of the water leaks. Having wet carpets and condensation is just so "80's", don't want to go back to that if I can help it. I hope there is a simple cure and everybody gets fixed!
Kingxc40

Post by Kingxc40 »

7 days at the local dealer. No car to drive while it is in the shop. Asking Volvo of North America about a buy back . I am thinking it may be a sun roof issue. But I am just guessing
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

Kingxc40 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:48 pm 7 days at the local dealer. No car to drive while it is in the shop. Asking Volvo of North America about a buy back . I am thinking it may be a sun roof issue. But I am just guessing
Wow really?!
I'm taking mine into the garage on the 3rd for them to look at the air woofer because of the rattles... They're giving me a loan car while they've got mine.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
Kingxc40

Post by Kingxc40 »

Update on the water leak. Volvo dealer did leak testing and removed a pilliars. Service writer mentioned something about moisture dehind A pillar and something about incompletely seated sunroof gasket. A few days later, service requested we pick up our car. At pick up, I found two approx. 4" scratches in the sunroof glass deep enough to feel with your fingernail . Service said to drop off car after the weekend and they would provide loaner while they tried to polish out the scratches and if needed , replace the sunroof glass. Upon arriving home, I found another three inch scratch on the driver side glass. I am a little surprised. My 2004 beat to hell farm truck doesn't have scrthded glass? Volvo technician, when vehicle first droped, said he might use Sonic leak detection device ? Beats me how they scratched the glass. I have a picture of the driver side glass. At this time, I wounder if there never was a leak . I never found much water. Maybe we did something and forgot. I don't know . I wish i would have just dried up the water and kept a close eye on it. Now I have lost the use of the car and now I have scratched glass . I am feeling kinda dumb.