Max wheel angle

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Whilst I'm waiting for my XC I'm trying to calculate the cars inside sweep area but I need the angle of the wheels at full lock, 0 degrees being straight forward. Don't suppose anyone knows this? Can't find it on Volvo's literature

Thanks
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October

Madmoondog

Post by Madmoondog »

This probably won't help much, but thought I would at least share. I just upgraded to the 21 inch five spoke rims after delivery and they did have to perform a software update to accommodate for the new wheel radius. Basically adjusts the steering wheel slightly so it doesn't hit.
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Got a turning circle figure. Are you looking for the equivalent measurement for the inner edge of tyres? If so (purely off the top of my head with no mathematical thought!) could you just reduce this figure by the effect of tyre width?

Untitled.png

XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

morrishey wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:28 pm Got a turning circle figure. Are you looking for the equivalent measurement for the inner edge of tyres? If so (purely off the top of my head with no mathematical thought!) could you just reduce this figure by the effect of tyre width?
Unfortunately mathematically it's not that simple. Turing circle is the OS front corner/wheel (not defined which method was used). I'm looking for the NS rear corner which requires some calcs.
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October