SRS Urgent Service Alarm !!

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Flatman5 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:49 pm I have had the same warning, also on a Friday, took I to the local dealership who confirmed a faulty sensor, a new one was ordered but when fitted it fired up a new error code which indicated a damp connection, two more days and a lot more investigation and it seems a wet floor lining around the sensor caused the issue.
The dealership are now trying to find the cause of the leak, the sensor is in the passenger footwell and the underneath of the carpet and foam are wet to the touch.
Wonder why a sensor for an air bag ( or it's connector ) is located underneath a floor carpet? I would have thought somewhere behind the dash ( in a dry, not too inaccessible place ) would be more sensible...
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.

boroman

Post by boroman »

This fault looks remarkably similar to yours Flatman. Just had a call from the dealer and they need to keep the car for another few days , provisionally next Wednesday ,in order to replace some terminals under the passenger seat. Additionally they have noted water ingress that could have been the cause of the electrical issue. They are now also attempting to trace the cause of the water ingress. I'm starting to get a little edgy now , didn't expect this with a new vehicle. The Technician has suggested that he is in contact with the main Volvo people and he will be doing some "re-sealing of panels" and then carrying out some water testing??? Hopefully it will be permanently fixed when I get it back , I'm sure the up and coming North Yorkshire winter will soon prove things one way or another. Fingers crossed and I will post again when I get any further info.
Red XC40 FE D4 20" Alloys
Flatman5

Post by Flatman5 »

Hi boroman had a similar call today will be sometime next week for me too, and they still haven't managed to locate the leak, it has been hampered as well by staff shortages due to holidays, would rather wait till they can do the job properly rather than rush it though, also concerned that being the driest summer for years if its leaking now don't want an even worse problem come a wet winter.
Madmoondog

Post by Madmoondog »

Brand new r type t5, this came in when I drove off the lot from the dealer. At first they thought it was software and gave it back. Then it happened again. Volvo determined it was two sensors in the seat. New sensors took a week to come from Sweden and were installed. I've had it back now for four days. No issues yet.
boroman

Post by boroman »

I got the car back on Wednesday but have waited to get "freaky Friday" out of the way before letting the forum know the outcome. ( My fault always appeared on a Friday !!) . The dealer changed out some electrical components under the passenger seat. The components were apparently damaged due to dampness. The ingress of moisture source is believed to be a drain point underneath the parked windscreen wiper position. Apparently this was not fitted correctly during manufacture , it has been refitted, resealed and fully water tested . Up to now I have had no further issues and there is no sign of the repair having been completed , i.e. all carpets and panels refitted without any sign of disturbance/damage. So far I,m really happy with my treatment at the dealership and hopefully it results in a positive outcome , fingers crossed !!!
Kim H

Post by Kim H »

I got the same message, took it to the dealer. It also affected my sunroof, not working. They have to order a part, will take about one month to get the part.
boroman

Post by boroman »

Kim H , hopefully once the parts arrive the repair will be successful. I have had no further issues since the repair in September last year.
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

This seems to indicate that the software has not had all faults eliminated, I have had inoperative climate control (which corrected itself the next day) and warnings for low AdBlue and also high oil level which have disappeared the next day. Annoying to get these messages, because one day they may be right!
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

Kim H wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:17 pm I got the same message, took it to the dealer. It also affected my sunroof, not working. They have to order a part, will take about one month to get the part.
I had the same issue - spent 4hrs at the dealer yesterday, they replaced parts from another car to find that it didn't fix the issue. Raised it to Volvo, still awaiting a reply. The workshop manager said there was some issue in relation to the voltage being too high on something - so he disconnected the battery and reconnected - fault disappeared. It's a waiting game now to see if it re-appears, but he did leave the query open with Volvo so if they hear anything further they'll update me.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)