Volvo On Call App

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Hmm weird, my apps fully working. Was down earlier like Rifleman said
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October

Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

This has got me thinking security. All I did with my SIM card is put it in the modem and it started working. Should I be doing something else to keep it secure?
Volvo on call - changed password, tried it on an iPad - still not working.
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Not sure what your perceived security issue is with your SIM but I don't know of any. If you have any concerns let me know and I'll try to answer it.

I personally have more concerns about Volvo on call being hacked, which is why I used a new email address with a password unused anywhere else. Would be nice if Volvo sorted out second factor authentication to help secure it
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Talisker7

Post by Talisker7 »

still unavailable. Not good enough Volvo!
T4 R Design Pro Fusion Red
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

All working for me again. Wife got a shock when I tested it by starting the car from inside a cinema 10 miles away and turning it off again. 😂
Gre

Post by Gre »

Before reading this topic I thought I had did something wrong. I got a new data sim yesterday and installed it in the car. Could not get connected to the internet and Volvo on call just stopped working. Took out the SIM card and still nothing worked. I thought I had changed some settings when I installed this sim. This morning everything went back to normal. Will try again to put in the data sim again. Guess I have installed the sim when Volvo on call system was down.
D4 R design FE bright silver 20 wheels.
Talisker7

Post by Talisker7 »

Must have been a server outage all good again before 06:00 this morning🚘
T4 R Design Pro Fusion Red
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

mss911 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:29 pm Offline here too. Both App and website :-(
Didn't know you could access via a website - have you got a link?

I was trying to find out last night if there was a web portal to access the remote features (there was for my previous Mercedes). Would be useful to be able to put a web address into something like isitdownrightnow.com to see if there is a fault at their end.
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
mss911

Post by mss911 »

morrishey wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:06 pm
mss911 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:29 pm Offline here too. Both App and website :-(
Didn't know you could access via a website - have you got a link?

I was trying to find out last night if there was a web portal to access the remote features (there was for my previous Mercedes). Would be useful to be able to put a web address into something like isitdownrightnow.com to see if there is a fault at their end.
Can't access the On-Call functions via the web. Was trying to login to the https://volvoid.eu.volvocars.com/ site to validate the access issue. Sorry for any confusion.
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

That link gives a 404 error which means the links incorrect

This is the one you need https://volvoid.eu.volvocars.com/VolvoLogin/login

Edit:
Just been doing some research and the website behind the Volvo on call API is wirelesscar.com, in theory if that website is up then volvo on call should be up
Last edited by Shaenei on Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.