Thump From Rear Right Over Bumps

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Deleted User 1286

Post by Deleted User 1286 »

Yesterday my vehicle started making a loud thump from the rear right of the vehicle.

At first I thought maybe I hadn't put that movable trunk floor back properly but I checked everything including spare tire etc. It all seems secure.

Anyone experience anything like this? Almost sounds like the vehicle is bottoming out and I've narrowed it down to the rear right side.

I also checked the rear seats to make sure they were completely in place and they were.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Deleted User 1286

Post by Deleted User 1286 »

Turns out I have a faulty shock where the oil for the shock leaked out. Without any oil, it does not function properly. They said I must have a hit a pot hole or it was faulty from manufacturing (that would be a concern). Anyways they gave me a loaner as the part has to be ordered in. Also, I'm having them update the software for the Sensus system so I'll report back if I'm able to keep the Auto Start/Stop off by default in Comfort Mode.
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

Glad that's getting sorted out so quickly for you!
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red