Latest Spotify update breaks Spotify access

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
NickC

Post by NickC »

Just took the latest update, now i cannot add tracks to my library, albums and artists no longer appear. Have taken it off, cleared dara, tried all sorts. Spotify on phone and tablet working as expected.

So i would avoid this update.

allroad

Post by allroad »

Thanks
XC 40 FE FUSION RED D4 19" HL WASHERS TOW BAR LISBURN N.IRELAND...Now Polestarred !
Deleted User 1286

Post by Deleted User 1286 »

I have the exact same issues with the latest update. I'm hoping they fix this soon as the inability to add new tracks to my library is a huge let down.
NickC

Post by NickC »

Spoke to Volvo CC here in UK they deny any responsibility directed me to Spotify. Guess who Spotify tell me is responsible and washed their hands of the problem. now the question is who exactly makes and manages these apps?

Going to ask dealer if I can revert the app or factory reset the census. Will update.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Seems like some Spotify playlists e.g. Daily Mix 1, Discover Weekly, still allow this - three dots at the bottom of the screen. Press these and a Save option comes up.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Deleted User 1286

pjm007 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:36 pm Seems like some Spotify playlists e.g. Daily Mix 1, Discover Weekly, still allow this - three dots at the bottom of the screen. Press these and a Save option comes up.
I listen to discover weekly all the time and don't see any 3 dots at bottom. Where do you see the option to add songs to your library? There used to be a + sign but thats gone and no 3 dots anywhere.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

jagstyles wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:03 pm
I listen to discover weekly all the time and don't see any 3 dots at bottom. Where do you see the option to add songs to your library? There used to be a + sign but thats gone and no 3 dots anywhere.
See below ....

Three Dots.jpg

Add to Library.jpg

Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Deleted User 1286

pjm007 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:00 pm
jagstyles wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:03 pm
See below ....
Those 3 dots do not show up on my display. I'm in north American so I'm wondering if perhaps we are running different versions of the sensus operating system?

Have you updated any software with the dealer?
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

jagstyles wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:30 pm

Not since my 3 month check in early June. I am using the very latest Spotify App version which I downloaded a couple of weeks ago max.
Deleted User 1286

pjm007 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:03 pm
jagstyles wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:30 pm

Not since my 3 month check in early June. I am using the very latest Spotify App version which I downloaded a couple of weeks ago max.
After looking at your pictures more closely, I see why there's a difference. You're using the Spotify app on your phone using Apple Car Play, while I'm using the built-in Spotify app that is available for download via Sensus software updates. I don't use Android/Apple Car Play to use the spotify app but rather simply use the built-in native app.

Regardless though, same issue here, can't add any songs to my library and also the Daily Mix's are not available in the Sensus Spotify App.