A few annoyances

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Mogbat975

Post by Mogbat975 »

Had the car now 6 days. We've driven to France and it's the first auto I've ever owned. The inscription seats are very very comfortable and it's a joy to drive. Most annoying is finding an address in France on the sat Nov. It's very hard and a lot harder than it should be. The French equivalent of post codes cover a large area and most street names have to be inputted backwards to find it. Secondly I drive mainly in eco mode but for some reason it always defaults to standard when I start it. also the volume of the satnav drops intermittently. And finally my Android OnePlus 5T has stopped being allowed to use its data on the system. All annoyances but still only small to what it a great car.

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Mogbat975 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:38 pm Secondly I drive mainly in eco mode but for some reason it always defaults to standard when I start it.
Bonjour Mogbat! Lots of earlier chat on the board on this subject. Always starts in Comfort Mode. We have all got used to changing drive mode (if needed) as the first thing we do after take off. See the manual page .....

283D069C-62DB-4BE0-B4B5-41F5D68BDAEC.jpeg

Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

I haven’t got mine yet, but thought I’d red you could change the default mode for a driver in the driver profiles, and then set the driver profile to a key which it remembers when using that key to unlock?
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

hdasmith wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:56 am I haven’t got mine yet, but thought I’d red you could change the default mode for a driver in the driver profiles, and then set the driver profile to a key which it remembers when using that key to unlock?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=472&p=4128&hilit=Dr ... file#p4128

The manual refers to global v. personal settings. Global settings (presumably Drive Mode is one of these) aren’t saved in profiles.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Ok, thanks pjm
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

I recently drove through France and used the Volvo On Call app on my phone and the Here WeGo website to enter the destinations and send them to the car, much easier than entering them directly. They appear in the Library tab of the Enter Destination screen.
Inscription T5 Luminous Sand
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

hdasmith wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:56 am I haven’t got mine yet, but thought I’d red you could change the default mode for a driver in the driver profiles, and then set the driver profile to a key which it remembers when using that key to unlock?
You're not dreaming it, that has been released as a software update in the USA, apparently not here in UK. Maybe pressure on Volvo UK will make them realise that giving the customer a choice of how they want their car to behave is a positive thing?
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.