Hot weather annoying central fan noise

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Willowxc40

Post by Willowxc40 »

God knows what it is, but when I’ve started the car in this hot weather and the climate control comes on full blast, there is a rattle/tappy noise coming from the front central vents. As interior temp cools (and the centre console), the noise disappears. Really, really annoying tho!!! Anyone else noticed this?

Also while I’m here. Anyone hear a pump like sound (3 pumps) every now and again? From the front of the dash/speaker area?

Cheers
Xc40 FE D4. White/Black.
Cheshire, UK.

Deleted User 1286

Post by Deleted User 1286 »

Willowxc40 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:16 pm God knows what it is, but when I’ve started the car in this hot weather and the climate control comes on full blast, there is a rattle/tappy noise coming from the front central vents. As interior temp cools (and the centre console), the noise disappears. Really, really annoying tho!!! Anyone else noticed this?

Also while I’m here. Anyone hear a pump like sound (3 pumps) every now and again? From the front of the dash/speaker area?

Cheers
I've heard both of those issues you describe above. The first one, about the popping/tappy/rattle noises from the centre console is most annoying. It has to do with the plastics they used around the vents and centre console area. I've noticed the same type of noise from the plastic that goes around the glass on all the doors.