Navigation POI's

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

I'm a bit confused. How do I get Navigation to display POIs on the map - I have enabled certain categories in navigation setup but they still don;t appear on either the central or driver's display. Furthermore, I have enabled Fuel stations and when I run low on fuel I am asked whether I want to go to a particular fuel station but I haven't got a clue where it is or how far off my route it is - what's the use of that?

I guess it's a problem having a car that is smarter than the driver! Am I just being dumb??!
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

I was puzzled by your post balmoral so have been doing a bit of testing & experimenting. I have had no problems with POIs and suspect your problem may just be down to the map scale. At certain scale levels there are no POIs shown but if you zoom in they are shown. They are often shown as a group icon with a number on it. If you select the icon it opens up and tells you what the 3/4/5 whatever POIs are. Once a POI has been selected you can automatically set a route to drive to it.

Seems the POIs are there whether you have RTTI set on or not, and aren’t dependent on other navi settings.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Thanks for the reply. Yes I eventually worked out that it was all down to zoom levels! I like to have the map in the central screen zoomed out so that I can get a better idea of the route ahead so at my preferred zoom level POIs don't appear; I guess that I will have to get used to it. In my V60 they appeared at wider zoom levels, I find it particularly useful when I'm running low on fuel; if say, I've got 50-60 miles of range left I like to know where the petrol station are within that sort of range and not just the next 5 miles!

My problems were further compounded when fuel station POIs weren't appearing at all. I've worked out that I need to have the 'diesel stations' category enabled - and there I was thinking that I wouldn't need to see these when I'm driving a petrol car! (I had the category 'fuel stations' enabled prior to this - don't know what these are as nothing has yet shown up on the maps for these)
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

[quote=balmoral post_id=5571 time=1530532667 user_id=1036

My problems were further compounded when fuel station POIs weren't appearing at all. I've worked out that I need to have the 'diesel stations' category enabled - and there I was thinking that I wouldn't need to see these when I'm driving a petrol car! (I had the category 'fuel stations' enabled prior to this - don't know what these are as nothing has yet shown up on the maps for these)
[/quote]

Balmoral, that's interesting. Can't say that I've seen this, but going to check out myself.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18