Knocking Noise From Cold Start

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Deleted User 1286

Post by Deleted User 1286 »

On a few occasions now, after starting the car from a cold start (parked over night), I hear this knocking noise coming from what seems like the vents or hood area of the car. It goes away after a few minutes but it's definitely noticeable. Anyone else have this?

Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

Which engine do you have ?
T5 First edition Crystal White
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

jagstyles wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:51 am On a few occasions now, after starting the car from a cold start (parked over night), I hear this knocking noise coming from what seems like the vents or hood area of the car. It goes away after a few minutes but it's definitely noticeable. Anyone else have this?
Probably OK if it is a diesel engine.
I had a test drive early one icy morning in a First Edition D4, which had been parked outside over night.
When I started the engine up the diesel clatter was very noticeable, but quickly subsided once the car got going.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First Edition | D4 | Chrystal White | 20" |Ordered 14th March | Est Delivery 31st May | Confirmed Delivery October
Morten

Post by Morten »

Yes, I have the same from time to time.

I have tried to tweak the climate controls and then it disappears, hence I assume there are some vents that is going back and forth.

I have also talked to my dealer and agreed with him that I will try to run some more test to have a better understanding about it.

I do not think it is the engine, but I have a T5

Br Morten
Deleted User 1286

Post by Deleted User 1286 »

I have the T5 as well. What adjustments have you made to the climate settings and has it resolved any of the issues?
Morten

Post by Morten »

I will not say it has resolved it, but I turned the temp to 26 and incredesed the fan speed, it then stoped. Hence I am convinced it have to do with something in the climat control.