Sensus glitch, no sound ?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Deleted User 1240

Post by Deleted User 1240 »

Had a few weird things happen on a journey on Monday.....
The navigation was on and could hear instructions but both the radio and usb produced no sound even though the screen showed they were playing and adjusting the volume made no difference.
This was really frustrating as there was a major traffic problem on the route and I could not listen to traffic reports on the radio to get information on what was going on.
Also, the ETA didn't show on the map screen like it usually does but it did show on the summary screen.
....and finally whilst going along in the slow traffic a message came up in the screen saying "park in" was not available ?!?
I guessed rebooting it would probably sort it but there seems to be no way of doing that whilst driving.
I did try switching off the ignition in the traffic but it did not reboot the sensus system. It seems you have to get out and lock the car to shut it down which is a bit tricky on the motorway.
Anyway, once I got home, locked the car and then re-entered the radio came on and everything has been fine since.
Very strange.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I had that once on my previous audi with it's sound/nav system. Seemed to reset itself with as you say a hard reboot (i.e leave the car/locked etc).

Wouldn't worry unless it happens again - though stepping back in time to the no-tech days was clearly distressing for you... ;)
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Yosh

Post by Yosh »

I had a similar situation. All of a sudden the volume dropped to a very low level, almost as if only one speaker was working. None of the controls had any effect. I left the car for a few hours and upon restarting it worked again.

I've also had Sirius channels spontaneously change a couple of times.
Deleted User 1286

Post by Deleted User 1286 »

I've had something similar where the volume wouldn't change no matter what I did with the volume knob. I turned it off and back on and it was fine. Looks like a software glitch?