Navigation annoyance

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
User2506

Post by User2506 »

balmoral wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:35 pm I've not yet had occasion to use motorways, but are you all saying that being told to 'keep to the right' at every motorway junction is normal behaviour?!
Same with our Peugeot 108 feline car nav, it tells us to keep right at every motorway junction, never really registered with me before but I can see how it could get annoying. Will perhaps change the settings on the Volvo as this will now be used for longer drives.
Last edited by User2506 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FE D4 AWD Auto Crystal White. Interior Black Leather Buck Suede. Extras: Dog Guard, Boot Mat. Picked up 2nd June.

morrishey

Post by morrishey »

I know this ‘keep right’ happens with one of my iPhone nav apps, just can’t remember which one- either TomTom or Google Maps, I think probably TomTom.

It’s workable once you know what it’s on about, but very confusing for the unfamiliar. Either shut up or at worst say carry on!
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
senwar

Post by senwar »

Boomer wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:20 pm Senwar

Looking at the navigation manual there is an piece about "level of voice guidance" - see below. Not sure if this might help as for the most part it seem that the level is driven by "a guidance point", which I presume remains the same.

Anyway might be worth a try at different levels and seeing what the impact is for you at each motorway junction. Might be trade off depending on what you find useful. [Either way this all reminds me to check what I have it set at - and I'll certainly be dropping down a level if I can]/

Level for voice guidance
1. Press Voice Guidance Level.
2. Tap on the voice guidance required:
• None (no automatic voice guidance but
the possibility of manually requesting current
voice guidance once)
• Low (only one message per guidance
point)
• Medium (up to 3 messages per guidance
point, with limited information)
• Full (up to 4 messages per guidance
point and all available information)
Cheers boomer. Just reduced to low to see if that at least helps cut the annoyance.
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels