Seat Height

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
truckerdan

Post by truckerdan »

Good afternoon I’m currently looking to get a Volvo XC40 T4 momentum for my father who uses a wheelchair, he’s currently in the process of learning to transfer from a wheelchair to his bed, so we are trying to find a suitable vehicle for him, I’ve been trying to find out the height of the seat from the floor but I’m struggling to do so, his wheelchair seat is 25 inches high from the floor so I’d be looking for a vehicle with a seat that’s 24- 26 inches from the ground up and was wondering if any of you guys could help, I’ve contacted Volvo uk and a main dealer but I’ve not had any reply. We’ve seen a Ford Kuga which was 26 inches high, but my dads got his heart set on a Volv, any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Well a quick measure of my driver seat, which is set at the lowest setting, shows a height from the ground of between roughly 27.5” and 26.5” - sloping from front to back.
That’s an R-Design sports seat so others with less of a sculpted shape to them be slightly differing heights I suppose.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
truckerdan

Post by truckerdan »

Thanks for the quick reply, I forgot mention it’d be the passenger side he’d be using as he’s paralysed down his left side, so he’s unable to drive, is the passenger side the same as the driver side ?
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

truckerdan wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:21 pm Thanks for the quick reply, I forgot mention it’d be the passenger side he’d be using as he’s paralysed down his left side, so he’s unable to drive, is the passenger side the same as the driver side ?
Yes - seems to be. No difference in height that I can detect.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
truckerdan

Post by truckerdan »

That’s great thank you so much I’ll speak to his physio and see what they think, we’re currently using a Discovery buts it just to high from the floor for him to do a transfer unfortunately