Apple CarPlay problems

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
MikeChapman

Post by MikeChapman »

So...we're a mixed Android/Apple family. I've got Android Auto up and running reasonably well, but just tried to get my wife's iPhone set up for CarPlay. As soon as I plug the phone into the USB (as instructed by the manual) the phone goes bonkers, buzzing and flashing in the top right hand corner as it's connecting and disconnecting rapidly. So can't get it to set up CarPlay. Has anyone else tried/succeeded/experienced anything similar?
XC40 FE T5 Bursting Blue

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Sorry Mike. No negative experience to date. Connected and set up first time and on all subsequent times. I would check the connecting cable, IOS version, phone model etc. to check for compatibility, faults etc. if you haven’t already.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

Sounds like a faulty cable to me. Have you got a different one to try?
MikeChapman

Post by MikeChapman »

Ah good idea. I'll give it a go in a couple of minutes, and let you know if it makes any difference! Thanks for the tip.
XC40 FE T5 Bursting Blue
MikeChapman

Post by MikeChapman »

Yup that worked. Thanks so much, wouldn't have figured that out in a v long time!
XC40 FE T5 Bursting Blue
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

MikeChapman wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 4:21 pm Yup that worked. Thanks so much, wouldn't have figured that out in a v long time!
Glad you sorted it. I’ve seen it before only with usb cables!