"Request an appointment"using in-car status app? (also includes Volvo ID/My car webpage error)

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
jd40

Post by jd40 »

I'm also having the same issue.
XC40 T5 First Edition, 20inch wheels, fusion red, charcoal

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Boomer wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:02 pm Thanks pjm - you got further than me then with appointments. Not a big deal for me at the moment (I used the old phone to book) but if not resolved by the time of the health check it'll be on the list of grumbles/niggles.
Well my test worked!

Here is the reply, reflecting that the note I added to the booking request described it as test only.

“Your booking has been cancelled

Dear Mr _______
We are sorry that we have had to cancel your booking.

If you have any questions regarding this cancellation, please contact your dealer using your booking number as a reference.

Best regards,

Your booking number is 272725.

Car Details
Model: XC40
Model Year: 2018

Dealer:

Phone number:”
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
jd40

Post by jd40 »

Boomer wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:51 am Trying to narrow this one down.

Is everyone able to see their car on the Volvo ID website once signed in. I.e from the menu select "my car".

When I try I just get "an error has occurred" page, and if I follow the link throws me back out into a global Volvo webpage.

If any existing owners might be able to check if they have same that would be appreciated? If you can see your car then I am thinking my Volvo ID has been corrupted some how.
I am also getting the "an error has occurred" page when I sign in to the Volvo i.d site and select "my car". Notified customer services and await their reply.
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

Same here, good old error as reported by others and has been like that for some time now, hope they fix it in time!
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
Deleted User 960

Post by Deleted User 960 »

Same error message on the website with me. At first I thought I'd confused the website by removing my old XC60, but it's 'reassuring' to know it's not just me that's having problems.
jd40

Post by jd40 »

Recieved this reply from Volvo customer services today.

We are currently experiencing issues with the Volvo ID website, our IT support team both here and in Sweden are aware and currently looking into a solution, but this can take up to two working weeks to receive a response.

Because the “My appointment function” uses your Volvo ID account details, this is more than likely the cause of the problem.

Apologies for any inconvenience this is causing; and if you need to book an appointment, with your permission I would be more than happy to contact your local or preferred dealership on your behalf, asking that they are in direct contact with you to arrange?
jd40

Post by jd40 »

Latest email from Volvo customer services regarding this problem

We have had updates on your query from the team investigating however, we are yet to receive a permanent fix for this, sorry.

We will continue working on this behind the scenes and keep you updated with any news along the way.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
jd40

Post by jd40 »

Up date from Volvo Customer services today regarding this problem.

Thank you for your patience, I have been contacted by our Central IT department in regards to your issues with the Volvo ID site;

They have advised “The email ID is valid, but seems to have become out of sync. The only remedy is to delete it so the user can recreate from scratch.”

Could you try creating a new Volvo ID and let us know if this allows you to select the My car function on the new ID? I have included the link below;

Tried it with no success.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

This is a dead duck. Been a problem since March with no solution provided by Volvo. As an ex IT guy I can say it should have been easily fixed by now, so I suspect it’s not an IT problem and there is some other fundamental reason why Volvo aren’t choosing to fix it - marketing, strategic, resourcing ????
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
jd40

Post by jd40 »

Been a problem since March. But Volvo appear to be trying to find a solution and have been willing to keep me updated regards their efforts at solving the problem. I'll keep you updated.