"Request an appointment"using in-car status app? (also includes Volvo ID/My car webpage error)

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Anybody tried using the Car Status - book appointment functionality whilst in the car? (Thread also captures Volvo ID webpage/My Car error)

Mine seems to be in a "loop". It says I am not connected to Volvo ID, so I download that app (for the car), sign in that (and also seems fine), Then go back to the "book appointment" and it says I am not connected to Volvo ID (but I am?!) and gives me the option to redirect back to the Volvo ID app. This is stupid!!

Any ideas guys? Or is this another one for the list when it goes in for 3 monthly..... err hang on how do I book an appointment for that :? Back to the olde phone I guess :lol:
Last edited by Boomer on Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18

AlexK

Post by AlexK »

Untitled-1.png

Only going by what it says in the manual, but have you been able to complete step 3?

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/ca ... 2019-18w17
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Thanks Alex, yes done all that. Downloaded app, entered vovlo ID password, got validation email, got validation webpage message, that car connected. The Volvo ID app says I am all connected and show my Volvo ID email (Indeed the app gives me the options on the left of screen to change Volvo ID or disconnect the existing one (so I must be good to go surely!!???). It just seems that that the Volvo ID app isn't talking to the appointment system (app).
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Trying to narrow this one down.

Is everyone able to see their car on the Volvo ID website once signed in. I.e from the menu select "my car".

When I try I just get "an error has occurred" page, and if I follow the link throws me back out into a global Volvo webpage.

If any existing owners might be able to check if they have same that would be appreciated? If you can see your car then I am thinking my Volvo ID has been corrupted some how.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Update:
Bounced both the "My car - Volvo ID website" error and the "appointment booking" issue past Volvo UK customer services (felt it wasn't one for my dealer).

Pretty quick response (within 2 hours). Being told that this is known issue on the website and "IT" are looking at it. [Given that its been 3 weeks now since I've seen the website error, it's clearly a major and difficult error.... cough].

As the car then relies on the Volvo ID website data (not completely sure that is the case, and think it is the underlying data but lets run with that), it means that Volvo ID and appointments booking in the car is kaput at the moment.

No timeframe given for it to be resolved.

In the meantime it's back to speaking to a real person over the phone to book your appointments (and perhaps whatever else Volvo ID enabled you to do in the car.)

If anyone happens to have any of the above working please do share. Cheers
Last edited by Boomer on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

I reported the My Cars error on the Volvo ID system several (5/6?) weeks ago and am aware it’s not been a simple fix. Have never tried the appointment booking feature but will give it a go next.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Thanks pjm, good (?) to hear that we're in this together.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

pjm007 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:19 pm I reported the My Cars error on the Volvo ID system several (5/6?) weeks ago and am aware it’s not been a simple fix. Have never tried the appointment booking feature but will give it a go next.

Well just tested the appointment request and it seemed to go through OK - said "Request sent". No idea if it was received yet of course. I did tell them it was a test and not to action anything! I also attempted to "send car data", and it tried to do that but failed - see attached photo.

Relating to other recent posts about connectivity options, which I will comment on elsewhere, the car was sitting on my drive connected to my house WiFi, and my personal SIM modem was not activated. I also downloaded "new" apps and again will comment on that elsewhere.

Car test 270418.jpg

Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Thanks pjm - you got further than me then with appointments. Not a big deal for me at the moment (I used the old phone to book) but if not resolved by the time of the health check it'll be on the list of grumbles/niggles.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

pjm007 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:19 pm I reported the My Cars error on the Volvo ID system several (5/6?) weeks ago and am aware it’s not been a simple fix. Have never tried the appointment booking feature but will give it a go next.

Just checked back and I first reported the My Cars error on 15/3. I have been told 2 or 3 times that they fixed it but they hadn’t of course.

My last reply from VCUK on Wednesday was:-

“We are confident this is being worked on as a high priority in Sweden and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Your case remains open with our team and we will continue working with the central team with a view of offering a solution as soon as possible, keeping you updated along the way with any progress.”