"Request an appointment"using in-car status app? (also includes Volvo ID/My car webpage error)

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
jd40

Post by jd40 »

Car was at dealers yesterday for 3month check and investigation into "request an appointment" system. Despite up-dating the software the system still does not operate. Looks like another visit to the dealer.
XC40 T5 First Edition, 20inch wheels, fusion red, charcoal

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

jd40 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:00 pm Car was at dealers yesterday for 3month check and investigation into "request an appointment" system. Despite up-dating the software the system still does not operate. Looks like another visit to the dealer.
Don't think Volvo have solved this problem so I wouldn't bother with another trip to the dealer. They won't have the solution.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
jd40

Post by jd40 »

Latest contact with Volvo C.S advises changing the Volvo ID email address. Tried that but "request an appointment" still does not function.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

jd40 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:21 pm Latest contact with Volvo C.S advises changing the Volvo ID email address. Tried that but "request an appointment" still does not function.
They are time wasters. They suggested that yonks ago, and it didn't work then and still doesn't. Same for the My Cars problem.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

They (may) have finally fixed the Volvo ID/My Cars website problem. Email from VCUK today: -

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your patience whilst we investigated the issue with the “My Car” section of the Volvo ID website.
We have now had confirmation this is fixed and you should be able to add your car details to your Volvo ID account.
Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused & thank you for your patience whilst we investigated this concern.
If you do experience any further issues, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Kind Regards

It worked initially, but then seemed to go on the blink again!. Haven't tried to book an appointment.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
jd40

Post by jd40 »

I also got the same email today and was initially full of optimism until I tried to contact my dealer,located in Glasgow, and was instead put in touch with a dealer in Canterbury, 500 miles away. Yet another email fired off to VCUK. I feel they are getting close to solving this problem now.
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

Has anyone managed to book an appointment with dealer using the option in the car? I've checked that I have the volvo ID set up on the app on phone as well as in the car App, I've checked I have the dealer set up when I log into my volvo account online. But I still get a 'no dealers' warning message when I try to book the appt. Very frustrating.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
scottpcs

Post by scottpcs »

kirsty_s2k wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:37 pm Has anyone managed to book an appointment with dealer using the option in the car? I've checked that I have the volvo ID set up on the app on phone as well as in the car App, I've checked I have the dealer set up when I log into my volvo account online. But I still get a 'no dealers' warning message when I try to book the appt. Very frustrating.
I've manged to book an appointment before using the Sensus but to be honest you're much better off just ringing them and making an appointment yourself. I say this because all I got from the dealer was an e-mail with a proposed date to bring the car in which wasn't convenient and it was 2 weeks into the future when I needed the car looking at within the week due to a fault.

Needless to say when I rang the dealer they were able to fit me in within a couple of days and the car hadn't sent any diagnostic data for them to investigate anyway which just makes the whole thing pointless.
XC40 FE D4 AWD Auto - Crystal White ¦ Charcoal ¦ 20" AND Headlight Washers! ¦ Polestar
jd40

Post by jd40 »

I had this problem and tried to get it fixed via volvo customer support but, despite months of e-mails and numerous suggestions as to how to fix it, never got anywhere. The system kept putting me in touch with the wrong dealership. During the one year service the dealership managed to fix the problem and its now it's working 100%. Result.
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

scottpcs wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:16 pm I've manged to book an appointment before using the Sensus but to be honest you're much better off just ringing them and making an appointment yourself. I say this because all I got from the dealer was an e-mail with a proposed date to bring the car in which wasn't convenient and it was 2 weeks into the future when I needed the car looking at within the week due to a fault.

Needless to say when I rang the dealer they were able to fit me in within a couple of days and the car hadn't sent any diagnostic data for them to investigate anyway which just makes the whole thing pointless.
That's interesting. I did end up calling them yesterday and that highlighted that they car's 'your service is due in X days' is wrong! So I need to call them up again now to ask them to fix that, I don't want to have it 'serviced' late due to them not setting that right in the first place . . . dealer is useless.
jd40 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:51 pm I had this problem and tried to get it fixed via volvo customer support but, despite months of e-mails and numerous suggestions as to how to fix it, never got anywhere. The system kept putting me in touch with the wrong dealership. During the one year service the dealership managed to fix the problem and its now it's working 100%. Result.
I did mention it yesterday and she said they'd be able to fix that when it's in for service.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)