Thread for North West Europe Map data updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

pjm007 wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:36 am
Brandyman wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:54 pm Thanks for the advice, was starting to think I had a corrupt download. A progress bar would be helpful so at leat you know its doing something.

Thanks for the help.
Correcting myself above - I have found a progress indicator. Never checked for it before. Once you start the download from the USB in the car, if you go to Download Centre - Maps, you will see a “Download Progress xx% ” message under the relevant map entry in the list. Once the download completes this changes to an Installation Progress % message.
Not seeing any installation progress indicator on mine. I can see the activity led in the usb stick flashing every now and again, trying to update the french map. Made 6x 15min journeys so far plus a couple of sessions parked on the driveway with the ignition on, all with the usb stick in place, but still no sign of any progress. Really annoying as I’m not able to listen to the music collection on my usb drive while this update is in progress.

I connect the car to my home wifi when it is on the drive. Download center tells me there are numerous map updates available but all are marked as “too big to download, visit support.volvocars.com”. No information on there whatsoever.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.

Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Yeah! The France map has finished installing from the USB pen, only took 6 days! ;)
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
peekyy

Post by peekyy »

Pls use USB 3.0/3.1 standard, and as speedy as possible - then the time of uploading maps to the car is significantly shorter.
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

I managed to install all eastern Europe maps in about 40 mins. No engine running, just the sensus turned on.

Just did it whilst washing the car as I can spend between 2-3 hours cleaning a car
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Spikebyt

Post by Spikebyt »

Correcting myself above - I have found a progress indicator. Never checked for it before. Once you start the download from the USB in the car, if you go to Download Centre - Maps, you will see a “Download Progress xx% ” message under the relevant map entry in the list. Once the download completes this changes to an Installation Progress % message.

Can you tell me where the download bar is displayed. I do not see a bar at all when updating maps
XC40 T5 AWD First Edition in Ice White with Blonde interior and Scandinavian Pack
(Parking heater and heated steering wheel plus heated rear seats)
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Spikebyt wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:03 am

Can you tell me where the download bar is displayed. I do not see a bar at all when updating maps
No, neither do I.
Spikebyt

Post by Spikebyt »

Brandyman wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:54 pm Thanks for the advice, was starting to think I had a corrupt download. A progress bar would be helpful so at leat you know its doing something.

Thanks for the help.
Not sure I understand this correctly. After downloading from PC to USB you insert the USB stich to slot below sensu-unit (upper or lower)
Then there appears a progress bar as you write above. I never saw that and read a lot of complaints about NOT seeing any kind of progress, other then a small rotating disc-symbol in upper right corner of Sensus display
Can you clarify please
XC40 T5 AWD First Edition in Ice White with Blonde interior and Scandinavian Pack
(Parking heater and heated steering wheel plus heated rear seats)
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

just wondering as i'm now downloading about the 3 or 4th 50GB sensus update but what version is everyone else on?

mines currently downloading this version

Screenshot 2018-11-30 at 13.55.59.png

XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
scottpcs

Post by scottpcs »

Shaenei wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:56 pm just wondering as i'm now downloading about the 3 or 4th 50GB sensus update but what version is everyone else on?
I've just updated to the same version as you're currently downloading - 1243

I must admit it's quite a frustrating experience having to download 50Gb updates this frequently and then transfer them to the car. I can't even tell any differences from one version to the next and they've all still got the same problems with speed limits, including this one!
XC40 FE D4 AWD Auto - Crystal White ¦ Charcoal ¦ 20" AND Headlight Washers! ¦ Polestar
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

Why then do you not just download the North West Europe updates rather than the complete Europe map updates - they are much smaller in size. You can always download any other areas, if and when you visit.
D4 Auto Design Pro, Crystal White,