Thread for North West Europe Map data updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Morten

Post by Morten »

Maby next time try to update whole EU?

Spikebyt

Post by Spikebyt »

Morten wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:38 pm Maby next time try to update whole EU?
No plans in that direction. It took me about 6 hours to update 3 maps F.D and BNL so whole Europe would take a full day or so. Maybe someone here updated over WiFi and is willing to share how long a specific update took. Volvo should add a progress bar in the car so you know how far the update is completed. Like it is on the PC to USB Stick
XC40 T5 AWD First Edition in Ice White with Blonde interior and Scandinavian Pack
(Parking heater and heated steering wheel plus heated rear seats)
Morten

Post by Morten »

It count in % on my screen... I tried once just Scandinavia and as recall did it not give anny progress... maby it is just easier for the system to overwrite all data, if I was you I will give it a go...
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Mine does give me progress. On the navigation “blind” (is that Volvo calls them) I get a spinning circle, and percentage complete inside the circle.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Spikebyt

Post by Spikebyt »

hdasmith wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:22 pm Mine does give me progress. On the navigation “blind” (is that Volvo calls them) I get a spinning circle, and percentage complete inside the circle.
Can you tell me/us more specific. The term "blind" does not make sense to me
Only spinning circle I see during update is a (very) small spinning circle in the upper rightmost corner of the central Sensus Display
XC40 T5 AWD First Edition in Ice White with Blonde interior and Scandinavian Pack
Spikebyt

Post by Spikebyt »

Morten wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:09 pm It count in % on my screen... I tried once just Scandinavia and as recall did it not give anny progress... maby it is just easier for the system to overwrite all data, if I was you I will give it a go...
please read my reply to hdasmith as well I paste text to him under the line
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Topic review: Thread for North West Europe Map data updates
Re: Thread for North West Europe Map data updates

by Spikebyt » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:46 pm

hdasmith wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:22 pm
Mine does give me progress. On the navigation “blind” (is that Volvo calls them) I get a spinning circle, and percentage complete inside the circle.

Can you tell me/us more specific. The term "blind" does not make sense to me
Only spinning circle I see during update is a (very) small spinning circle in the upper rightmost corner of the central Sensus Display
Morten

Post by Morten »

It shows the % on the home screen wher the navigation normally is shown :-)
Spikebyt

Post by Spikebyt »

Morten wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:52 pm It shows the % on the home screen wher the navigation normally is shown :-)
Not in my car. Present location indicated all the time during update
When I enter a destination and go driving, it shows the route as it normally does

My system software is not updated since delivery in Early April this year
Not sure if I wrote this to you because I also replied to hdasmith about this

I read on the FB worldwide (closed) group several mebers got updates in several countries after delivery
But not here in Netherlands and Belgium as far as i know.
I was in at the dealer two weeks ago for changing my wheels for winter
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

I certainly have no indication of percentage upload completion on any of my screens. Can somebody please confirm if the additional USB port you get with the Apple Carplay option in the UK is a USB3 port - has a blue centre? If its not, i cant understand the differing upload times that people are getting.
D4 Auto Design Pro, Crystal White,
Spikebyt

Post by Spikebyt »

BarryH wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:15 pm I certainly have no indication of percentage upload completion on any of my screens. Can somebody please confirm if the additional USB port you get with the Apple Carplay option in the UK is a USB3 port - has a blue centre? If its not, i cant understand the differing upload times that people are getting.
Hi Barry, not even the tiny rotating disc in the upper right corner on the centre Sensus Display ??

From what I read here and on other forums is that the only thing we all have
Most of us have no rotating ring with percentage in the middle of it, on the upper bar of Sensus where navigation normally is located